Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
The modding bug for the S2000 caught me today. A month into ownership and the stock sound is too quiet, you can barely hear the change over, so there's a Fujitsubo RM-01A Exhaust and a de-cat on it's way. Not a loud exhaust, but comes rated as one of the best.
Seeing how it goes I might pop on a K&N Gen2 as insurance won't go up, but will be a bit worried that it drowns out the new exhaust :p .

Sounds good, a lot of the S2000 exhausts drone. I am back on the standard one.

Associate
What's with the Mugen badge TheDome?

That EK9 behind your old DC2 looks tasty, was it K20?

stuck on by previous owner. No longer there now

The ek9 was indeed k20 on itbs. first one i had seen in the flesh (back in 2008) and i went well considering he was on a539s and from what i gathered wasnt fully mapped

Wheels on S will happen thats a must. Have you heard a HKS silent simon? Quite fancy one if it is indeed quiet?

Caporegime
Epic, must feel amazing with a new engine and the handling overhaul. Agree with your list!!!!

Lol and a crazy clutch hehe. Mine is stiff with the coilovers and polybushes but still just about compliant. The lightweight flywheel needs some skilll to control it properly, but I couldn't handle a crazy clutch, OEM Exeedy is great!

PIIIIIIIICS

I have to jab the clutch when I'm on a hill, people most think I'm trying to do a launch or something :p

Pics soon(tm)

Soldato
The modding bug for the S2000 caught me today. A month into ownership and the stock sound is too quiet, you can barely hear the change over, so there's a Fujitsubo RM-01A Exhaust and a de-cat on it's way. Not a loud exhaust, but comes rated as one of the best.
Seeing how it goes I might pop on a K&N Gen2 as insurance won't go up, but will be a bit worried that it drowns out the new exhaust :p .

If you just wanted to hear the changeover that sounds like a very expensive mod, you could have just removed the airbox lid!

Soldato
Airbox lid off man myself, with Blueflame catback.

Lovely deep tone, no drone, not obnoxiously loud either.

Exhaust helps for sound when not WOT and induction noise is controllable when you want it :D

Caporegime
It is including the skirts and the wing. Although the wing is replica due to me being unable to find one :(

expensive :p

There's this on the owners forum for £450 right now :(

mimmsdc21.jpg

Associate
I've had the airbox lid off, and after a while it makes a terrible vacuum cleaner sound, so it went back on, hence the possible K&N purchase. I had a AEM CAI on the vRS and that induction noise was far better than anything the s2000 will be able to produce.

I had a Blueflame on the vRS, and whilst the sound was lovely, the workmanship was OK. But when it developed a fault I took the car to Blueflame and the customer service left a lot to be desired. I emailed them twice regarding a s2000 exhaust, and never got back to me, so I let them be.

loltim, that's the nature of the modding beast, the Fuji has a nice deep tone and sublime sound when using some revs so it's far nicer than OEM, and I'll easily get what I paid for it back when I sell up in a couple of years. Add the fact it saves a fair few kg's and has a couple of extra bhps, I'm a happy camper.

Man of Honour
OP
You think? What's your reasoning m8 (IIRC you've had both)

cheers

The Civic will only ever be another Civic. A DC5 is a bit more special. It has better standard parts too, such as Recaro's, LSD, HIDS, hydraulic steering and the chassis feels much better when pressing on. Plus it looks miles better and is uber rare.

Soldato
Anyone got insurance with Adrian flux on a Type R? Gonna see how much it is to swap cars over later on a EP3 and EK9.

Doubt it will be any good as i seem to live in a worse area code than Afghan.

Caporegime
Anyone got insurance with Adrian flux on a Type R? Gonna see how much it is to swap cars over later on a EP3 and EK9.

Doubt it will be any good as i seem to live in a worse area code than Afghan.

Can't possibly help there, just speak to them. Admiral/bell group are the best big company that come up in quotes for most people mind. But the EP3 will be cheaper than the EK9, but that's because the EK9 is JDM tyte... and better.

Back
Top Bottom