Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
Sold my 52 plate Ep3 this morning :(

115k and sold it for £2,800 which I thought was pretty good :)

IMG_0625_zpsef17de14.jpg

Only put it up for sale on Saturday so nice and quick!

Is that the condition you sold it in? it looks in great nick.

Soldato
Yep that picture was at the weekend. It's not perfect, has a couple of little paint defects and lots of swirl marks unfortunately.

The problem is there are so many sheds around going for £2-2.5k.
What they dont realise is that a 2k Type R soon becomes very expensive when the clutch needs doing, refurbished alloys, new bushes etc etc.

I spent a fortune on it in the 12 months I had it :(

I sold it to the first person who viewed it. I probably could have held out for a few hundred more but I just needed it gone.

Soldato
and I'd still take a £1k EP3 over a £1k FN2:p

Soo the FN2 hater..................... :p:p

In other news, Sky shall be insuring me this for a rather good price. Had a nice chat with Luke about his S14 too.

It's a pity I can't pay £3.49 anymore insuring it as a classic as I'd lose my claims or have to buy another shed to run around in.

Soldato
It's mad to think I could get a decent EP3 for the price my J's bonnet and Mugen rear cost new. Not that I would have bought a J's bonnet new, it's close but I think I got more sense than money, just.

Associate
I'm really excited about going back to a high revving N/A. I'm still caught up in EP3, DC5 and FN2 lands - looking at Youtube videos nightly.

EP3 - cheap, but showing it's age? Plus I'm 30 so may look out of place!
FN2 - Slated by all the EP3 owners, plus rusty doors, torsion beam and no apparent VTEC changeover comments continue to put me off
DC5 - Love them, but they always seem to be located in Devon (presumably due to Torque GT importers). Big money for such an aging car though.

Gonna try an FN2 locally at the weekend just for a test drive, hopefully that might help me decide. Is LSD worth chasing a more expensive CW or 2009 model for?

Associate
I'm really excited about going back to a high revving N/A. I'm still caught up in EP3, DC5 and FN2 lands - looking at Youtube videos nightly.

FN2 - Slated by all the EP3 owners, plus rusty doors, torsion beam and no apparent VTEC changeover comments continue to put me off
DC5 - Love them, but they always seem to be located in Devon (presumably due to Torque GT importers). Big money for such an aging car though.

Gonna try an FN2 locally at the weekend just for a test drive, hopefully that might help me decide. Is LSD worth chasing a more expensive CW or 2009 model for?

im 32 and drive an ep3 ;)

Soldato

I'd say this, you won't look out of place in a decent EP3, a lot of the young uns driving them are most likely high mileage sheds. Don't let that put you off!

FN2, no rusty doors on my 2008, torsion beam um don't track my car so can't really say what difference this makes, not slid off the road yet though so unless you're some kind of experienced track day driver I'm really not sure you can tell any difference. Don't understand about VTEC crossover, mines been remapped but even standard you knew it was kicking in. I'd imagine this is some kind of personal preference to do with volume or something, all things that can be increased with a noisy intake or whatever.
LSD, probably nice to have if you can stretch :)

DC5, no knowledge so cannot comment.

Don

Where do you live?

As for the big purchase cost, fortunately they are holding their value so depreciation isn't much of a concern at the moment.

Soldato
I personally wouldn't buy an FN2 again.
2 weeks into owning mine the doors fell off due to rust.

There is no noticable change over into VTEC, infact.. the whole rev range sounds exactly the same!, The rear beam is awful, every corner you go round the car just snakes about then understeers. Very dissapointing.

Clarkson had his review of this car spot on to be fair. I love the bloke, it's a shame they don't supply a sample of his awesomeness in the glovebox :(

Man of Honour
OP
None that I'm aware off, all rumours seem to focus on S2000 or NSX and of course the new Civic Type R. I'd love to see a new Integra myself, I just don't see it happening when they can just mass produce the Civic.

Back
Top Bottom