Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Depends on what Honda decide to do, especially with the Civic. They seem hell bent on making it the fastest FWD car round the 'Ring which should mean whatever they put on sale should be pretty interesting. How that would end up as a drivers car on the road remains to be seen though.

Permabanned
Just ordered these mats off ebay for £25, the poster says they match the colour of the door cards.

Hope they are not too red :)

dysuze8y.jpg

5ujavery.jpg

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
DC5 - Love them, but they always seem to be located in Devon (presumably due to Torque GT importers). Big money for such an aging car though.

I was thinking of a DC5 as a possible S2000 replacement (similar car but with a bit more room), but also a little put off by the prices as whilst they may be holding their value at a retail price point come private resale time I'm not sure how robust they are.

On the flip side the chap who runs Torque is a family friend so could probably get a decent deal ;)

Don
I was thinking of a DC5 as a possible S2000 replacement (similar car but with a bit more room), but also a little put off by the prices as whilst they may be holding their value at a retail price point come private resale time I'm not sure how robust they are.

On the flip side the chap who runs Torque is a family friend so could probably get a decent deal ;)

No one in their right mind buys a 10-year old car from a retail venue. :p Buy second hand & sell second hand and the depreciation will be negligible.

There are enough examples in the country that you don't have to worry about buying a fresh import from TorqueGT, as ultimately they are all pre-owned anyway!

Permabanned
Muffin` on other note. Did You seen anything on market that would be better than DC2 all around running costs included
When i got my dc2 almost 3 years ago it cost me 4200 Atm i culd sell it for around 3.5 easy when insirance was looking one to pay out cheapest one they found was 3400 and that was stock with more miles on.

So i assume that DC5 will be same situation them cars dont lose value. Hard to get something thats good all around. I would love one but cant afford and i love my dc2 :D
For me DC5 was last honda i would buy they have not produced single nice car since then :(

Caporegime
Muffin` on other note. Did You seen anything on market that would be better than DC2 all around running costs included
When i got my dc2 almost 3 years ago it cost me 4200 Atm i culd sell it for around 3.5 easy when insirance was looking one to pay out cheapest one they found was 3400 and that was stock with more miles on.

So i assume that DC5 will be same situation them cars dont lose value. Hard to get something thats good all around. I would love one but cant afford and i love my dc2 :D
For me DC5 was last honda i would buy they have not produced single nice car since then :(

Yeah they did make the FD2 which is supposedly the 'best' affordable type r to date.

Not 100% sure what your asking but the dc5 will cost more to run than a dc2, not much but still more. You can pick them up dc2s for what you've seen but good and bad examples overlap somewhat now

Soldato
Yeah at least they're doing it thoroughly. Hopefully wont happen again. Has it made a big difference to your insurance? Suppose you may not know until renewal time.

Soldato
Yeah they did make the FD2 which is supposedly the 'best' affordable type r to date.

Not 100% sure what your asking but the dc5 will cost more to run than a dc2, not much but still more. You can pick them up dc2s for what you've seen but good and bad examples overlap somewhat now

A sorted dc2 costs peanuts to run, love mine to bits.

I did spend twelvtyrellenessyen on mine though for a thorough overhaul.

Back
Top Bottom