Type R and VTEC owners

for 3k you want PFL as they're so undesirable, just stay away from the FL, have you looked about on Type-R owners?

I think I'm starting to see your point about PFL being prettier (not as obvious as a DC5 though)

Texted him, he said he's in Bury:confused:

Yep carless, could do with a car before 2nd Jan so i can get to work but I could get a lift for a couple of weeks/days. Not going to rush into buying a shed:p

When would you wait until? I thought buying a car after christmas would be a good time to buy.

Bit weird that that he states Cheshire but is in Bury... Gumtree stereotypes a'hoy!

I wouldn't know the best time to buy really, don't think it matters with cheap Hondas :p

I guess im just lucky that the FN2 owners are happy to spend money on parts if the EP3 owners are historically tight.

would you like a larger brush for your sweeping statement?

Don't try and make the FN2 sound any more premium/expensive to modify than an EP3 duck, because its absolutely not. in any way shape or form.

residual value of aftermarket parts is based on demand and popularity, nothing more.

I sold my intake this weekend for £150 more than I paid for it after 18 months use.

would I have made anywhere near this gain if I had originally purchased the Tegiwa Knockoff? of course not.

a popular part will always hold its value and command market value.

A cut and shut, underdeveloped, guinea pig supercharger kit and exhaust manifold wont.

Genuine parts forever.

I don't care for brand snobbery if "alternate" parts work just as well. I buy parts for performance gains only. If it does the job that's fine.

My second hand Tegiwa intake cost me £270 with everything included. Scoop, extra scuttle which was already modded and ready to go.

When I come to sell I will get what I paid for as they are still £340 new. Its very well made and strong.

I don't care for brand snobbery if "alternate" parts work just as well. I buy parts for performance gains only. If it does the job that's fine.

My second hand Tegiwa intake cost me £270 with everything included. Scoop, extra scuttle which was already modded and ready to go.

When I come to sell I will get what I paid for as they are still £340 new. Its very well made and strong.

Non genuine heresy.

Did you know in runic japanese (200000 BC) "tegiwa" meant - cheap, distasteful, shabby and rubbish?

it wasnt a dig at fake parts.
you having a tegiwa intake isn't the same as having a replica mugen body kit and trying pass it off as legit.

It was a dig at someone trying to make out that an FN2 has some sort of premium compared to an EP3 when in most cases the parts for the FN2 are actually the same or cheaper.

the fact remains, if one was to consider sinking 20k of ones money into a 2007 FWD hatch back, it would have been cool to actually buy some legit stuff.

you wouldn't go and spend £100 on some fake Levis now would you?

Has Andrew actually tried to pass off any of his replica bits as genuine? I cant see that he's made a song and dance about the bits he's added on here. What he has claimed/said in real life I have no idea though.

Has Andrew actually tried to pass off any of his replica bits as genuine?

laughinghysterically.gif

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24655530&postcount=6170

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom