Type R and VTEC owners

Buying a new house and money tight, speaking from bias you should keep the EP3 :)

I wouldn't like go shopping for a new EP3, I'm sure there is a lot of good ones still out there but I bet there is many more rotters now.

If you've got 4k the market is full of good examples. 3.5k and below you're battling against hideous magnex exhausts, flat seat bolsters, carbon fiber centre consoles (WHY???????????) and Nangkang tyres.

Not being funny but my old Type R had a magnex cat back exhaust.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was on the car when I got it and I umm'd and arr'd about changing it but it sounded great so why change what's not broken? Because not JDM?

Good luck with the sale Rich, fingers crossed for top dollah :)

I sold mine for £4600 in April on 82k, no LSD or fancy bits like that but Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Camber Bolts, DME rear camber arms, FRSU, refurbed alloys, magnex exhaust, loads of history, tax and test.

I wish I'd have held out for more really as it sold really quickly. If it wasn't for where I was working going down the pan I'd have kept it as spent a bomb on it.

Last edited:
Not being funny but my old Type R had a magnex cat back exhaust.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was on the car when I got it and I umm'd and arr'd about changing it but it sounded great so why change what's not broken? Because not JDM?

I'm not sure what your point is. If I was in the market for a Ford Fiesta, I would avoid one that looked like yours. I wouldn't avoid it because it's horrendous, I'd be avoiding it because I'd prefer a standard, non modified car.

A Magnex exhaust on a Civic Type R is often a cost saving exercise rather than a performance modification. The OEM exhaust isn't cheap. If you're skimping on exhausts, you're probably skimping on tyres and brakes.

Are there any suspension settings for the FN2 easily found online? Nothing on civinfo and my FN3 needs the alignment checking.

Thanks

I'm not sure what your point is. If I was in the market for a Ford Fiesta, I would avoid one that looked like yours. I wouldn't avoid it because it's horrendous, I'd be avoiding it because I'd prefer a standard, non modified car.

A Magnex exhaust on a Civic Type R is often a cost saving exercise rather than a performance modification. The OEM exhaust isn't cheap. If you're skimping on exhausts, you're probably skimping on tyres and brakes.

Different views are all well and good, but I aint so sure about unfounded assumptions :)

I'm with you when it comes to buying a standard car, but I think its a bit of a leap to assume a cheaper exhaust brand means they've skimped on tyres and other consumables etc.

Different views are all well and good, but I aint so sure about unfounded assumptions :)

I'm with you when it comes to buying a standard car, but I think its a bit of a leap to assume a cheaper exhaust brand means they've skimped on tyres and other consumables etc.

It is an assumption yes, but when looking for a Civic Type R you can afford to be picky. There are literally hundreds for sale right now.

yeah got one in the end.

53 plate nighthawk black, A/C, FSH, Fully standard. 2900 quid.

94k miles which is higher than I wanted, but the deal was sweetened by having full leather interior (pretty rare). it's only had 4 previous owners too which is also rare for a 10 year old CTR.

edit: oh it's got a parrot bluetooth thingy too.

Last edited:
yeah got one in the end.

53 plate nighthawk black, A/C, FSH, Fully standard. 2900 quid.

94k miles which is higher than I wanted, but the deal was sweetened by having full leather interior (pretty rare). it's only had 4 previous owners too which is also rare for a 10 year old CTR.

edit: oh it's got a parrot bluetooth thingy too.

Prefacelift or facelift? Full leather is very rare indeed so good going there. :)

Post up some pics!

Pre-facelift, which is what I wanted (prefer the look of the front and the lack of lexarse rear lights) which is just as well as most facelifts for 3k are cat D or just dog rough.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Too dark now!

Look forward to seeing it, don't think I've seen the leather interior before. Are the seats same as standard or the recaro variant?

It's these ones:

honda-civic-hatchback-2-0-i-vtec-type-r-3dr-fad16869bbb05b9985e32ac9b6e026e9-640x480_zpse448bf45.jpg

The original owner must have specced it up nicely, just noticed it's got a 6 CD cassette too:cool:

Back
Top Bottom