Type R and VTEC owners

Shame to hear about the issues Leeum, but you'll start to enjoy the car so much more now / once they're sorted.

Speaking of which, got mine back on Tuesday night, which was followed by a blast up to York and back. My god I've missed that car!

So I sold the EP3 and the other FN2 on wednesday. FN2 was bought by a fellow ocuk'er. :)

I'm in two minds about my own FN2, I'm quite tempted to supercharge it OR dont bother, split all the current mods, sell the car, use the money plus the money I was going to spend on super charging it and get either a 335i or a M3 instead? :o

So I sold the EP3 and the other FN2 on wednesday. FN2 was bought by a fellow ocuk'er. :)

I'm in two minds about my own FN2, I'm quite tempted to supercharge it OR dont bother, split all the current mods, sell the car, use the money plus the money I was going to spend on super charging it and get either a 335i or a M3 instead? :o

Get the M3. Split the fn2, sell the car. Buy the M3.

Off the top of my head:
- Finger tight rear wheel nuts - only noticed when they started to go missing.
- Importer fitted new track rod ends without correcting the toe - merely moved the steering wheel a few splines to "compensate".
- Dead rear shock.
- Big chunk missing from the top of the steering wheel.
- Rear tyres bald on the inside edges.
- Badly worn clutch.
- Rear bumper sprung out at one side shortly after I picked the car, basically revealing a huge crack under the rear light that's had a shoddy repair using what looks like staples?! Importer basically fobbed me off saying someone had driven into the car since I collected it. I think not. :rolleyes:
Damn that's not good mate, This is one of the main reasons I've never gone through the import route myself. I always want to see the car before I decide to buy it. Hopefully you managed to get all of these bits and pieces sorted out mate. Your car looks gorgeous in the photo's I'd have never have thought you'd had those problems

Are you going to drive your s2k through the winter rjkoneill?

On the rare occasions I need to drive, yes. I dont see any reasons not to. obviously it will stay on the drive in snowy or icy conditions but as ive mentioned on here a lot, I live a 5 minute walk from ocuk.

me and the mrs have talked recently about a cheap runabout thats a little more practical but that would be in addition to the mx5 and s2000.

Getting my wheels refurbed.

go for as close to OEM as you can. also will be interested to see results if you can. need to get my wheels done and they are close by.

I had my EP3 wheels refurbed by Top Marques, I was gonna go for a darker colour but they just look like "dirty" brake dust covered wheels on silver EP3's.

Coarse dark sparkle would work OK, it may look a bit too "glittery" to you when you view a sample wheel though.

This was mine with metallic silver 2 (I think):

S6000948%20copy.jpg

The finish was excellent, the wheels came out like brand new in and out, worth the money instead of a cheap "face only" paint job without taking the tyres off etc.

I really like that EP3, I personally think the exhaust fits the bumper cutout perfectly, so what if it's not JDM, some people get far too hooked up on these sort of things. It's your car and if you like it, that's all that matters. Stuff the haters :)

I'm not sure what your point is. If I was in the market for a Ford Fiesta, I would avoid one that looked like yours. I wouldn't avoid it because it's horrendous, I'd be avoiding it because I'd prefer a standard, non modified car.

A Magnex exhaust on a Civic Type R is often a cost saving exercise rather than a performance modification. The OEM exhaust isn't cheap. If you're skimping on exhausts, you're probably skimping on tyres and brakes.

Then buys a modified car.

You clearly missed the point Tim was trying to make. Tim also didn't buy a modified car in the sense you're trying to imply. He hold his hands up that the wheels look gash but you can't get exactly what you want when you're pressed for time.

I think his decision was swayed on budget rather than time.

I see three levels of mods and they give me different feelings when buying.

1. mods that are just better oem versions of standard oem parts.
example: a DC5 Gearbox on a UKDM EP3

2. mods that are hugely uprated over the standard oem parts
example: Forged alloys

3. mods that are done for the sake of changing looks
example: rota wheels, replica bodykits etc

depending on my requirements for a purchase, I would base my opinion on what fit my needs. I would probably avoid buying a car with mods that fall into the third category but the first and second would certainly not be ruled out.

that said, if I was paying top dollar for a car [as I did with the S2000] I would want a totally standard car, preferably from a dealership with FSH and warranty.

If I was looking at buying an EK9 or something, it would be a different story.

I think his decision was swayed on budget rather than time.

I see three levels of mods and they give me different feelings when buying.

1. mods that are just better oem versions of standard oem parts.
example: a DC5 Gearbox on a UKDM EP3

2. mods that are hugely uprated over the standard oem parts
example: Forged alloys

3. mods that are done for the sake of changing looks
example: rota wheels, replica bodykits etc

depending on my requirements for a purchase, I would base my opinion on what fit my needs. I would probably avoid buying a car with mods that fall into the third category but the first and second would certainly not be ruled out.

that said, if I was paying top dollar for a car [as I did with the S2000] I would want a totally standard car, preferably from a dealership with FSH and warranty.

If I was looking at buying an EK9 or something, it would be a different story.

I fitted my rotas as they are wider than stock to account for my AD08's.

They look better than stock. Lighter too apparantly.

But they are not volks. Nor are they £2000.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom