Type R and VTEC owners

Got my alloys booked in for refurb. woot. Can anyone help me out with a silver paint code? I know the pre-facelift has diamond cut alloys but what's the paint code for the facelift silver alloys?

Also, I plan on getting new centre caps and sticking on a H. (Is the H usually black btw?) Shall I apply a coat of clear lacquer over the sticker once applied or will the lacquer peel off quicker than a naked H would?

Mine really need a refurb. I am holding off as I really want to diamond cut the faces again, really like the very subtle contrast between the paint and cut surface. I Wheels in Motion in Milton Keynes will do it, at least - They said they could do a 24hour turn around on their new alloy setup.

The OEM Honda Centre caps are a bloody rip off, unbelievably expensive! :(

Edit - WIM MK closed down. Doh! Although it appears the Alloy Refurb outfit is still operating. Anyone used them? (Atomicwheels)

Last edited:
You should consider shadow chrome for an OEM look. Diamond cut refurb isn't worth the hassle. I've decided I'm definitely going for a flat silver:cool: NickXX from this forum had his M3 alloys done in shadow chrome at Lepsons. Not cheap but he's happy with the result.

I'll be buying the plastic centre caps too which will be painted at the same time as the alloys. The OEM metal one's wouldn't look right with the look I'm going for (and as you say they're too expensive).

Forgot to post this earlier, Picked this up yesterday, feels weird driving an EP3 after keeping a FN2 for so long.

0mFpSha.jpg
QFOyhw2.jpg

Few mods on this, Aem V1 induction, Mongoose exhaust, rear diffuser, Dotz 17" alloys (Don't like them) aircon model :)

I actually really like the rear diffuser and the wheels, does that make me a total and utter chav :( Seriously tho, that's one seriously shiney car, it's obviously been looked after, congrats on the new ownership buddy :)

I actually really like the rear diffuser and the wheels, does that make me a total and utter chav :( Seriously tho, that's one seriously shiney car, it's obviously been looked after, congrats on the new ownership buddy :)

Everyone has different tastes buddy, some may like it, some might not and the paint work looks nice and shiny in pics but it's actually quite faded, needs a good machine polish! I started polishing the car by hand today and the original red was coming through but it was too much effort! I'll have to borrow a machine polisher off someone and go over the whole car.

My FN2's on the other hand are nice and shiny!

FN2 no1:

bfmglU5.jpg

FN2 no2:
vdxxLK2.jpg

Dont know why the bonnet looks so dull there :o

No need be snobby now.

not at all. the EP3 is a great car.

Mine especially so.

The problem is that EP3 is very much in the 2 grand grasps of Barry.

Barry loves an EP3

Barry loves to put pointless stick on tat on his EP3. [see above]

Barry loves to dual wield melon cannons on his EP3
10334376_10153475229668532_3004779446632330813_n.jpg

Barry loves a shoddily installed yellow and carbon wrap
DSC_1125.jpg

Barry is a NathWraith windbreaker vinyl decal and counterfeit carbon part enthusiast
IMG_20130511_122315.jpg

Barry knows that a genuine mugen wing costs the same as his 120k EP3 so just goes with the eBay version designed for the EP2
IMG_20130511_124326.jpg

Occasionally Barry gets it sort of right and applies nice wheels to his car, but in typical Barry fashion, makes a total pigs ear of it all and applies garish decals, crap tyres and forgets center caps. notice the red OEM calipers. Good work Barry.
IMG_20130511_124722.jpg

Barry's EP3 only sees SERIOUS track action including the Nürburgring, Castle Coombe and a track that looks like a Guinea Pig
IMG_20130511_151109.jpg

I fully understand that there are some EP3 owners that aren't grade one weapons and like yourself, I kept mine visually stock looking enough to not fall into the categories mentioned above, but even when I owned my EP3 and loved it, my opinion was the same as it is now.

Its a shame as it really is a great car.

Back
Top Bottom