Type R and VTEC owners

The ad campaign for the new type R has been a bit weird - I got absolutely bombarded with stuff for a few weeks including honda phoning me yet have had nothing for months since.

Starting to get a bit annoyed with how small the tank is on my FN2. Also, the front is far too low, even on standard suspension, and it doesn't corner as well as my MX5, and no where near as well as the Megane did. Also torque steers unlike the Megane (only torque steered on really bad roads) which is annoying and amusing at the same time. Seems like no development work was done on the car, they just stuck and engine in it, put some bucket like seats, then sold it as a hot hatch.

The positives are that it has a decent size cabin/boot and I have been able to fit all sorts of furniture in it. The engine also revs well, which is nice when the roads are clear.

Part of me wishes I just got a 1.8 instead...

I would imagine they will roll out the turbo stuff on the type R and the filter down over time.

Releasing a civic sport turbo now to have it remap easily to type R specs is probably not a wise move

Starting to get a bit annoyed with how small the tank is on my FN2. Also, the front is far too low, even on standard suspension, and it doesn't corner as well as my MX5, and no where near as well as the Megane did. Also torque steers unlike the Megane (only torque steered on really bad roads) which is annoying and amusing at the same time. Seems like no development work was done on the car, they just stuck and engine in it, put some bucket like seats, then sold it as a hot hatch.

The positives are that it has a decent size cabin/boot and I have been able to fit all sorts of furniture in it. The engine also revs well, which is nice when the roads are clear.

Part of me wishes I just got a 1.8 instead...

It seems that you share every opinion I have on the FN2 then.
Is it totally standard?

Speculation is all there is, the engines were mentioned years ago and every now and again there's a rumor but nothing ever seems to be confirmed, its a bit sad but I find it frustrating, I just want to know!

Paid $130 or so for an iPod kit.

Only to find out the Accord plays it straight from the USB port without need for said kit. Doh.

Luckily I have managed to return it.

Recieved a recall letter from Honda yesterday, Apparantly the passenger airbag might not be working in my 2003 Accord.

Good old Takata issue.

Apparently there has been issues with the bag going off sending casing shrapnel out. 3 poor kids had to sit and watch their mum bleed to death after a low spec impact when the fragment severed her jugular.

Back
Top Bottom