Type R and VTEC owners

Hi all,

My Civic (EP3) Type R (2002) massively failed the MOT. Needs anti-roll bar drop links all round and the form says "rear parking brakes imbalanced" so they said I need new pads and discs on the rear. They said the pads are fine but the discs are "glazed"?.

They want £120 labour to do this, but I was wondering how hard it can really be? Are there any guides for these specific jobs about please?

They wanted £160 for parts (for 3 links and discs and pads) I've ordered 4 links and discs and pads for £92 delivered and they will be here Thursday.

Thanks,

G

It's my spare for when it goes into the body shop so they don't **** my cobereau or recaros

Also I'm moving house so having no interior makes the car surprising Vanesque

I'm sure if you took it to a reputable company they'd put dust covers over them.

Guru, unbalanced rear parking sounds like a seized rear caliper, or seized hand brake cable.

I'm sure if you took it to a reputable company they'd put dust covers over them.

Guru, unbalanced rear parking sounds like a seized rear caliper, or seized hand brake cable.

Awkward, I've ordered pads and discs now. What can be done about what you said?

First day in the Accord today to work and back. Got 47 mpg which is much better than the Audi and on par with my old 100ps Mk 1 Focus. That was doing 60-70 on a/b roads and a few overtakes. I think stuck at 50 in 6th would give closer to 50mpg.

Super comfortable as well and handles great (for a diesel barge).

Sounds similar to my CRZ on the economy front.

Muffin please buy a jazz.

Do you remember my thread about the mugen jazz? I do.

Ok, small cars are fun, when I step back into my 1.2 clio I actually enjoy throwing it about, but I just don't see the point in a SCed Jazz, admittedly it be a bit of a sleeper if you keep all the mugen stuff off it SC it and give people in their 2L saloons a run for their money.

Last edited:
I think its a load of balls to be honest, a jazz is not fun to drive its crap, crap brakes, light steering, its a typical granny wagon

The people you find saying a jazz is fun to drive are generally massively blinkered fan boys, sensible and reliable, cheap to run but fun to drive they are not

The supra incident was nearly 2 years ago now.

2 year crashiversary.

we should go to little chef for a meal again.

RE: sweeping fanboy generalisations about the Jazz
I had one for a day when my EP3 was being serviced. The car handled superbly given what it was. the only thing that let it down imo was the gearbox which felt like stirring a bucket of gravel with a drinking straw.

If I wasn't into cars as much as I am and just needed a cheap, reliable car that reacts well to being ragged then a Jazz would be a consideration.

Last edited:
I can't really remember how the original Jazz drove, but had the newer version for a week whe nmy diseasel civic was getting its roof done and it was a horrendous thing to drive.

As a tool for ferrying someone and surprising amounts of stuff about it was great, but it was absolutely terrible to actually drive.

Facelift civic looks better, still haven't really fixed the front though

Back
Top Bottom