Type R and VTEC owners

Never heard a tappy K20 and when I had my EP3 I was around a lot of them! Sure its not injectors or something? Was it been modded in the past?

Not that I know of. Spent most of it's time in Ireland so may have been. The tapping only occurs when it's cold, but it does seem to rise to around 2.5k/3krevs then stop. I thought it was normal tbh as from what I read tapping is rather normal.

Not that I know of. Spent most of it's time in Ireland so may have been. The tapping only occurs when it's cold, but it does seem to rise to around 2.5k/3krevs then stop. I thought it was normal tbh as from what I read tapping is rather normal.

Hmmm, I'd have the clearances done and the tensioner checked for piece of mind. I might have been immune to the sound to be honest. I treated mine like a dirty slapper on a daily basis and never had any worrying noises.

I think the atr experience has you overly worried.

If its a major issue for you and the car hasn't got a bountiful SH then get a decent garage to do the valves or at least have a look at it and tell you there's no need to stress.

What colour is it anyway, tell us more details about it and stop fretting.

"The passenger seat has a slight twist to the back rest which should straighten out quite easily once fitted although it is hardly noticeable"

yeah. its hardly noticeable...

that has to be top dollar for those seats hes asking surely?

My old EP3 was pretty tappety like yours and was at its worse when the engine was cold. I had the valve clearances done and it was perfect after that. It'll be fine don't worry :)

"The passenger seat has a slight twist to the back rest which should straighten out quite easily once fitted although it is hardly noticeable"

yeah. its hardly noticeable...

that has to be top dollar for those seats hes asking surely?

Will they fit into my turbo tractor Civic.... I'm tempted? ;)

I'm still toying with swapping it back for a petrol 8th gen (type S unfortunately the R is not do-able) but I guess this thread isn't for I-vtec eco engines ;)

Wouldn't bother, I took the map back off mine after owning it for a few months whilst it went into Honda for some work, I missed it so little I never added it back on.

It makes for a nice boost in straight line speed, but doesn't fix the fundamental issue of the car still being diesel and having all the response traits that come along with it. That's before you consider clutch

Nice if it's either already on the car or very cheap, not worth the £400 imo.

Wouldn't bother, I took the map back off mine after owning it for a few months whilst it went into Honda for some work, I missed it so little I never added it back on.

It makes for a nice boost in straight line speed, but doesn't fix the fundamental issue of the car still being diesel and having all the response traits that come along with it. That's before you consider clutch

Nice if it's either already on the car or very cheap, not worth the £400 imo.

£400? It's £200 at celtic with a before and after RR. I hear what you're saying about it still being a diesel. The clutch is my big concern as I already have judder when setting off. I miss the petrol hmmm I don't know how to word it - but I miss its free revving nature and whilst the 1.8 I-vtec is hardly a performance lump I think its a damn good drive and very economical for what it is.

Pretty happy with the performance of my i-DTEC, I won't be getting it remapped unless I go for a DPF removal.

Thankfully I don't have a DPF, but I don't do the mileage to justify the diesel anymore. Family friends finally have a concrete delivery date for their new car so the option is there for me to change to an I-vtec one instead.

Back
Top Bottom