Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
I know the road (and corner) quite well. He went into it way too fast, hence no grip when he turned in, and because he just seemed to lift off and brake, he had no chance of making it round.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Linglongs?

at a guess, I would say ACCELERA PHI :cool:

probably with a flat spot in the wheel too ;)

IMG_3910.jpg

Soldato
Further to my earlier annoying questions it seems it may be prudent in my current financial state to hold off purchasing for at least 3 months which would allow me to increase my budget :)

Is it worth saving even more and going for a face lift version? (04 plate?) :)

Soldato
:rolleyes:I've been quoted £350 cash to have my clutch changed by a guy at Ewell Honda. Do you think that's a good deal? I'm a little worried about it being a cash job

Caporegime
Further to my earlier annoying questions it seems it may be prudent in my current financial state to hold off purchasing for at least 3 months which would allow me to increase my budget :)

Is it worth saving even more and going for a face lift version? (04 plate?) :)

I'd stay prefacelift but raise your budget, you'll have the pick of the market and can demand something tidy. Owners club is a good place to look, they're often over priced but after being on the market for 6 months sellers are willing to listen.

Soldato
:rolleyes:I've been quoted £350 cash to have my clutch changed by a guy at Ewell Honda. Do you think that's a good deal? I'm a little worried about it being a cash job

That's a good price if you can trust the guy. It's a relatively involved job compared to many cars, since the subframe need to be dropped to remove the gearbox. This means the geometry should really be checked afterwards.

Soldato
Just booked mine in for a hoard of work, once this lot is done literally EVERYTHING has been done and then I can get onto some mods :D

Valve clearances and adjustments
Timing chain and tensioner check
Removal of driveshaft heatshield
Pollen filter
Air filter
Brake fluid change
Clutch fluid change
Gearbox oil change with Honda MTF3
Aux belt change
Rocker cover gasket

I am strangely looking forward to seeing what courtesy car I get given to abuse for a day lol.

And then I think lowering and FRSU next, it's been a long time coming.

Back
Top Bottom