Type R and VTEC owners

Dup

Dup

Soldato
That must be genuine. I had a look FN2 versions and they seem to have a mix of M's and Gruppe M plaques too.

I don't think this is an age related thing, I think its regional. Check this: http://www.xposed.com.au/

Shows the M's logo on the banner. Also, check out the S2000 version, squashed whale penis!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
got a lot of input from gruppe m resellers and the ones they have been importing recently have the M's logo on them

I went for it in the end. going to fit it tonight. :cool:

Soldato
Wheel is back from Jack @ Royal Steering Wheels. Looks and feels lovely!

Before:
IMAG0810.jpg

After:

IMG_3584-2.jpg

Soldato
Seen all the arguments for and against and after being in a few FN2's not dyno tuned I was more than happy to go for it.
Seriously, you not heard of e-tuning? As to what he did, he spent many hours and 30 revisions later I've got my car running far better than it was before. I've got a MAP based hybrid CAL and I'm over the moon with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
So e-tuning, as in some random bloke just sends you a map and you mess around trying things and logging data, then you refine it?

How on earth do you check how YOUR actual car performs in real life in terms of Torque, hp, AFR and tailor the map to get the most from your car and setup on the fly? Someone in the know will be there with your car hearing and seeing exactly what needs to be. In an e-mail you cannot feel what the car is doing, hear what's happening or abort a fun should something be wrong.

Sounds utterly retarded.

Spend the money and take it to someone who knows what they're doing with these engines (E.g. Will @ RDT) rather than messing around trying to save some money.

Last edited:
Soldato
AFR from datalogs on my Flash Pro, simple really.
"the biggest determinant of the map quality is the skill/expertise and prior experience of the mapper rather than there just being a dyno in the equation. Yes, a dyno can be a useful tool, but a highly skilled and experienced mapper could probably produce a better map via an etune than a someone who was merely 'fairly competent' at mapping and who used a dyno. Of course, the ideal scenario would be to have a mapper with superb skills and expertise who also has access to a dyno"
You're driving on the roads 99% of the time, not a dyno, real world driving vs optimised dyno showoffs etc.
That said, you cant tune ignition without a dyno. I'm sure if I went to Eurospec they might make a few gains over my current map but they would not be worth the money it costs to have it done. A lot agree that it's best to have both, dyno and then AFR on the road.
For me I just wanted a 'safe' map to run for a while, I may get a dyno one done as well but I'm not convinced I'll be happy with the outcome over £. I'm not saying one method is better than the other, both have their advantages.

Soldato
I see what you've done but it's just a long process where the risk of errors is much higher and could lead to serious problems.

It's good to have someone who's good at mapping, but there are many people these days who just jump into mapping and bash something out quickly without actually understanding the Engineering behind it.

You've done it now, so there's no changing that, but I'd love to see what someone with real skill and knowledge would make of your map and setup.

Soldato
I understand, problem is I literally can't get to a tuner, Euro/TDI/CPl for month and I don't want to run my current setup on a stock map or the horrible Group N. Vitviper is a renowned excellent e-tuner who many believe has one of the most comprehensive understandings of the Flash Pro.
That said, I DO want to know what my car is making and fully intend to go to Eurospec at some point in the future to see what I can get :)

Soldato
Good stuff, was worried you were just doing the e-tune then being done with it.

It would be worth speaking to RDT and although it would be more expensive, at least you'd have the best person checking your car and map out.

Soldato
Oh god no, apologies if it came across like that! I'm getting the best of both, just had to do e part first. RDT are a hell of a drive for me, Romain at Eurospec is my first choice and they have a notoriously conservative dyno :) I'll post my figures when I get them, hoping for 230+

Back
Top Bottom