Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
I never played 4 but 3 was amazing. Though tbh 2 is really underrated. People hype stuff like 'survival' difficulty in Fallout and that's essentially what 2 was in it's time, a 'hardcore' version of 3/4. Little dated but still a cracking game. Still remember the feeling of finally getting my hands on a sniper rifle, swimming through a creek to get in position for an assassination... then pop the rifle misfires and it explodes in my hands from the water damage. 3 was overall a more streamlined game and did feel better at times for it, but it never offered those kind of moments.

Did get bored of an enemy patrol jeep every 15ft of road in 2 though. As hefty as some of the more punishing mechanics in 2 were (Malaria, weapon misfires/failures etc.) the amount of innovation in that title compared to Far Cry 1 and other things on the market. Far Cry is good proof that the consumers are a fairly large part of why we don't get innovation anymore, a whole lot of the new generations of gamers just don't want it.

Soldato
Obviously i'm missing something from the trailer. But how can this sort of **** happen in America? Maybe kinda post-apocalyptic? It just seems beyond silly at the moment.

Also, calling in an aeroplane to shoot up the place? Is this CoD now?

Soldato
Obviously i'm missing something from the trailer. But how can this sort of **** happen in America? Maybe kinda post-apocalyptic? It just seems beyond silly at the moment.

Also, calling in an aeroplane to shoot up the place? Is this CoD now?

Sorry mate, but BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!:p

It's a game, never found any game to be realistic in my life, they're all games.

Ubi, you can count me in, this is getting bought.

Soldato
Sorry mate, but BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!:p

It's a game, never found any game to be realistic in my life, they're all games.

Ubi, you can count me in, this is getting bought.

I don't think this is a problem of realism but rather a problem of utter ridiculousness:p I don't think I could properly immerse myself in a game whose premise is so comical that it almost feels like a pantomime in a not so positive way. Past Far Cry games made at least some sense with their settings but I don't feel this does. It'll probably be fun, though.

Man of Honour
The story of a "Father" who takes over an area, almost cult like, its got the slightest hint of Charles Manson or the Waco Texas thing, personally I'm loving that sort of vibe, will be a pleasant change in gaming to not be in some eastern european/distant asia/tropical setting.

Soldato
Actually the cult premise in America is pretty large. There has been large numbers of cults throughout Americas history with lots of religious reasons.

They have taken hostages, murdered and done other such things. Branch Davidians is one to look up.

There are some pretty good reasons this is actually based on a religious cult. I do not like the idea of the plans or anything but then it's a game for fun and can see why it was chucked in there.

Soldato
Thanks.
Loved FC3 after adding the mod so it wasn't so consoley. Is FC4 worth playing before this?

FC4 was my GOTY, loved it.

Only got to act 5 on FC3 but that was down to couldn't progress due to a bug chucked it, moved on and never went back.

Re-installed it today and it's been fixed so going to give it a try, what's the mod you are talking about?

Soldato
FC4 was my GOTY, loved it.

Only got to act 5 on FC3 but that was down to couldn't progress due to a bug chucked it, moved on and never went back.

Re-installed it today and it's been fixed so going to give it a try, what's the mod you are talking about?
Might get FC4 when it's on sale next then. Can't remember the name of the mod off the top of my head but will check this evening.

Back
Top Bottom