Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
It still looks like 3 and 4 re-skinned.

Just looks like another gash Ubisoft game. 3 was a very good game then it just went down hill with lazy development and greedy publishers lack of motivation or incentive to try and innovative so just slap a different bit of this and that and call it good.

Just another reason I hate that entire company.

Caporegime
OP
Just looks like another gash Ubisoft game. 3 was a very good game then it just went down hill with lazy development and greedy publishers lack of motivation or incentive to try and innovative so just slap a different bit of this and that and call it good.

Just another reason I hate that entire company.

Yeah 3 was really good, that crazy mohican guy was entertaining, FC4 was the same as 3 but with a different bad guy, a pretty lame in comparison bad guy, i still enjoyed it tho, still am, i'm only 78% of the way through it.

There is a trend amongst not just Ubisoft but all big studios to redo what was successful over and over until it stops bringing in the money, it seems they have become better at building hype to sell games than they are making them.

There days i look more to Indy developers and smaller studios....

Soldato
Yeah 3 was really good, that crazy mohican guy was entertaining, FC4 was the same as 3 but with a different bad guy, a pretty lame in comparison bad guy, i still enjoyed it tho, still am, i'm only 78% of the way through it.

There is a trend amongst not just Ubisoft but all big studios to redo what was successful over and over until it stops bringing in the money, it seems they have become better at building hype to sell games than they are making them.

There days i look more to Indy developers and smaller studios....

Aye everything they do is just cut and paste now yet you see "Fred" in his mums basement banging out a belter of an indie title because he wants to make a great game.

Let me guess fc5 has towers you have to climb to unlock the map :rolleyes:

Soldato
Was really looking forward to this as liked 3 and 4 and the setting looks awesome.

However after looking at the vids it's basically the same game by the looks. Only so much of the same formula you can play really.

I'll wait for the reviews now, but not looking forward to it as I was...

Soldato
Aye everything they do is just cut and paste now yet you see "Fred" in his mums basement banging out a belter of an indie title because he wants to make a great game.

Let me guess fc5 has towers you have to climb to unlock the map :rolleyes:

I don't think it does. Also remember watching a Dev diary where they said your free to go in any direction you want and the story will unravel in your order.

Soldato
The premise is there but it just needed to build on the core mechanics to make them better. The problem is they are copy and paste.

It would have been cool to have a drone that you use to scan and map and the digital 3D map is on a tablet device. Your drone range is your way to stop people mapping it in one go so you map a zone, gather data and then move about. That takes away the same climb the tower and magic the area in 3 seconds.

Proper map fog of war would be good. I haven't checked to see details on story line. The gun for hire part from FarCry 2 will be good if the AI was better but it is still awful at path finding and being organic in any way whatsoever.

I don't like the mystical "Fang for Hire". Why do we have the ability to tame animals at all. We should not, it isn't magic. So yeah, at least this you are deputy sheriff so have some weapons training and thus should be able to at least fire a few shots unlike previous installments.

Back
Top Bottom