Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
I agree. FC2 gets panned, but I really enjoyed the game more than the later versions. The original FC is still my favourite though - simply because of the awe the original graphics and open world inspired - mutants or not...

same kinda, the first few hours of FC1 were amazing, and then came the mutants and such, at that point i completely lost interest.

Associate
I have my doubts about Ubisoft departing from their tried and tested formula! They've already placed a lot of emphasis on the story, which is a major red flag!

I expect we'll see some gameplay at E3, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything exceptional. They'll probably show a bunch of action sequences featuring biplanes, quad bikes and parachuting. Then we'll see the player using a drone to tag enemies that have occupied a nearby Church. The demo will show the player clearing the stronghold before ascending the bell tower, giving us an overview of nearby points of interest.

Mark my words! :p

Edit: Word has it that the playable character will be fully customisable, which is a welcome change:

http://www.vg247.com/2017/05/26/far...y-playable-in-co-op-watch-the-reveal-trailer/

Last edited:
Caporegime
No idea how people liked fc 2 and 4, they were absolutely awful imo. FC 4 was exactly the same as FC 3 but the story + the characters.... just urgh!

FC 3 characters were amazing and largely made that game for me.

Loved Far Cry 3 and 4 life like graphics but holy crap Far Cry 5 blew me away, it has the most stunning photo realism graphics that are more exactly life like. :eek::):cool:

It's ubisoft, just watch as it gets downgraded ;) Either that or we will have it run like **** i.e. 1080ti barely getting 30 fps @ 1080P :p

I'm still ****** about the far cry 3 downgrade:

Looks to be a redneck cult. I don't know why people jumped to "Western" anyway.

1. The way it showed of the country, small church, it just screamed western setting
2. the music was very western
3. rumours before the first trailer came were all about it being a western to compete with/beat RDR 2

EDIT:

Trailers look good, nice setting (still has that "western" feel to it but in modern day) and hopefully the characters will be as interesting as FC 3's characters....

Last edited:
Soldato
The trailers might have been very favorably framed but the few game play clips appeared to be good enough for me to be impressed. When I'm actually playing action games I rarely stop and stare at the scenery but if it's good enough I accept it. Good game play is king of course!

They're presenting a good pitch but I still won't pre-order it :) not in a digital delivery age.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom