Ubuntu 10.04

Soldato
I didnt check the md5 i'll do that now. I tried to install it through windows because its easier to uninstall/install it should a problem arise, and I had no disks to burn the iso.

Soldato
Ok I think I may have worked it out, I tried to install the ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386 version on my i7 because I foolishly thought the 64amd was just for amd. Doh!

Yep that did the trick, its all working now, its stupid that they call it an amd64 version.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok I think I may have worked it out, I tried to install the ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386 version on my i7 because I foolishly thought the 64amd was just for amd. Doh!

Yep that did the trick, its all working now, its stupid that they call it an amd64 version.

I think it is sometihng to do with the architecture, not that they pimp AMD over intel :p

Soldato
I have 6gb ram but its only showing up as 3.9gb is this all ubuntu 10.04 allows or do i need to enable something?

Sorry for all the questions I only put the new pc together yesterday.

Associate
I am running Ubuntu on my 4 Year old Macbook and it is running a lot better than Snow Leopard was running on it! I am going try and Migrate to it I think.

One thing does anyone know a good Podcast Downloader sort of like iTunes?

Thats the only thing I miss the Podcast part off iTunes not even the Music part just the Podcast part?

Soldato
Ok im pretty sure its not a ubuntu problem because in windows 7 its saying 6GB (4GB Usable). And a few other people are having the same problem with the same motherboard in this thread.

just to confuse you further, i do have this problem only with ubuntu. i have 4gb of ram but it only reports 3.9gb. i used to have 8gb on this same mobo (gigabyte p35-ds3l) which showed up/worked fine in windows.

Soldato
just to confuse you further, i do have this problem only with ubuntu. i have 4gb of ram but it only reports 3.9gb. i used to have 8gb on this same mobo (gigabyte p35-ds3l) which showed up/worked fine in windows.

Same issue here with my new mobo (Asus M4A87TD evo) & 4 gig ram

1273492047.jpeg

Soldato
Anyone got 'ubuntuone' syncing to work? All it does on my machines is recreate the directory structure but not the files !:(.

Stuff is starting to appear its just mega slow !:)

Last edited:
Soldato

Ok I sorted the problem by swapping the ram around. I have 6gb installed and its showing 5.9gb.

Back
Top Bottom