UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

Come on mate, he can't help his arm is there, would you prefereed he had moved his arm and it rolled down his side with the same result?
Might have gained a slight advantage.
**** it, im **** at arguing, i can't describe what but i just can't see how that is a penalty, if it is it is very very harsh.

You need to watch it again.

He attempted to header the back to the goalie with, funny enough, his head but he missed it with his head and hit his arm/hand.

PENALTY REF.

:p we're not arguing we're just discussing ;)

To be honest whether it was or wasn't Arsenal deserved the win ultimately and when your luck is in it's in

I'm sure come the second leg the Arsenal fans will be moaning at x amount of things that went against them :p

I meant arguing my view point, or putting a point across :P

Who doesn't moan after any game i guess, i'm still bitter about Berba's dive at OT or the fact neither of Everton goals should have had the oppurtunity to develop in the first place :D.

Anyone reckon Arsenal will play the same or try to sit deep at the nou camp?

Amazing second half.

Full credit to Arsenal, they went toe to toe in the first half and lost and were very lucky to not be a man or two down and a few goals down.

Second half, Arsenal stepped up and showed they have balls, a beat Barca at their own game for the last 30 minutes.

Barca had a lot of chances in the second half though, if it wasn't for really slack play they could have got another two goals.

The next test is to see whether Arsenal can do it at the Camp Nou.

And personally they can.

Great stuff Arsenal! What we saw tonight was great football and a great come back.

Right from the start of the second half Arsenal was on it. They came out wanting it and got it.

That mentally that they had when they came out after half time is something they need to remember. Have the belief and you are more than likely to bounce back.

And.. lol Barca... Go home etc..

I was using the Premier League's definition of it. I have also updated with the Barcelona player transfer fees. The players on the pitch today cost about double Arsenals.

What's that really got to do with anything? You could point to how much Wolves squad costs compared with Man Utd's but they still beat us.

Not taking away from some of Arsenal's better players that cost them a pittance (the likes of Fabregas & Van Persie) but just because you beat Barcelona or are up there with Man Utd/Chelsea/City in the league doesn't mean these players that you're team is built around would get into the other clubs sides. Do you really think your keeper, any of tonight's defence, Song or Walcott would get in the United, Chelsea, City, Barcelona teams?

You need to watch it again.

He attempted to header the back to the goalie with, funny enough, his head but he missed it with his head and hit his arm/hand.

PENALTY REF.

Yes and if the Referee's in the past had gone all those decisions correct Arsenal wouldn't have even been playing against Barca. The biggest stone wall penalty ever against Braga (foul on Vela), Arsenal score, go on to win the game, top the group, and don't play Barca.

I think it's a bit pathetic how some people are trying to take away from Arsenal's performance by making useless and pointless lists of who's homegrown/bought... clutching at straws much? It's completely irrelevant.

WELL Arsenal done bloody well tonight, and it was a great game. With this and last nights game, its been a great CL week. As an England fan its good to see Jack and Theo holding their own against the best.

Yes and if the Referee's in the past had gone all those decisions correct Arsenal wouldn't have even been playing against Barca. The biggest stone wall penalty ever against Braga (foul on Vela), Arsenal score, go on to win the game, top the group, and don't play Barca.

Ah but you've missed quite a few penalties this season haven't you ;)

Well what can one say after that. I thought the Gunners were going to buried in the second half and how wrong I was. What we got was a great half, a comeback of great character and two great goals. Well done Arsenal and now you can win this at the Nou Camp.

Fantastic game of football and great result from Arsenal, truly unexpected as I expected the flood gates to open after Villa's goal. Arsenal fans have every right to be pleased with that performance (coming from a ManYoo fan), even more so if they are in the same position in a few weeks.

At the end of the day, regardless of you support, football was the real winner in that match. Best I have seen for a long time.

Isn't the guy who did that list an Arsenal supporter though? :confused:

Someone else complained that we bought our players and they cost more. I just proved him wrong.

Ding ding ding

Good question. Can anyone on sonething faster than iPhone find out?

starting line ups They only bought abidal, alves, maxwell and villa.

As I say though nit taking anything away from arsenal, rode your luck but deserved your win.

I think it's a bit pathetic how some people are trying to take away from Arsenal's performance by making useless and pointless lists of who's homegrown/bought... clutching at straws much? It's completely irrelevant.

List was by an Arsenal supporter.

I've not discussed it in any way to try and take away from the win - I think it's just a general interesting point to discuss.

I think it's a bit pathetic how you've made a generalisation there.

Back
Top Bottom