UEFA Champions League/Europa League 3/4/5 April *** Spoilers ***

Don
A quick point on all the 'City were terrible' posts. City didn't play well because they were up against a side that doesn't **** themselves when they face them, drop 20 yards because they're so worried about City playing it around them and making them look stupid and as a consequence give City so much time and space on the ball. Were City 100% at the top of their game yesterday? No but they weren't in plenty of other matches that they won by 3 or 4 goals too. The problem for City is that because of the way we play, they have to be 100% at the top of their game because it only takes a small drop off for Liverpool to expose them. It's not a coincidence that we're the side that have caused City the most problems this season.

Caporegime
Playing against a side that put them under pressure without a doubt didn't help them, but they were just dire full stop.

Even in the second half when Liverpool were sitting back they were still crap, so wasteful with possession under no pressure whatsoever.

Their big players bottled it, has anyone seen Sane play that badly this season? De Bruyne? Silva? Jesus non existent. Not a good day at the races for City, they got tubbed and rightly so.

Soldato
Playing against a side that put them under pressure without a doubt didn't help them, but they were just dire full stop.

Even in the second half when Liverpool were sitting back they were still crap, so wasteful with possession under no pressure whatsoever.

Their big players bottled it, has anyone seen Sane play that badly this season? De Bruyne? Silva? Jesus non existent. Not a good day at the races for City, they got tubbed and rightly so.

I guess we'll find out next Tuesday, you never know Liverpool might **** themselves in Manchester now the pressure is on

Don

And Sane's performance had nothing to do with how well TAA defended against him? KdB & Silva's had nothing to do with Henderson, Milner & Ox running themselves into the ground, giving them no time on the ball? I agree Jesus was terrible but then again, he had little to no service all game because of how well Liverpool defended and by that I mean how we pressured City's midfield and stopped them getting the ball into him.

I've not watched every minute of every City game but still, I can't remember another time that City's performance levels have dropped as much as they have in their two games at Anfield. Even in other games where they've not won they've still dominated the game and created plenty of chances - Karius didn't have a save to make yesterday. Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe if you're brave enough to put their midfield under pressure and willing to run yourself into the ground* then if City aren't 100% at it (which they rarely will be) then you can stop them.

I guess we'll find out next Tuesday, you never know Liverpool might **** themselves in Manchester now the pressure is on
Anything is possible with this team. The clean sheet and away goals rule is massive though.

Caporegime
Unpleasant scenes for the Man City team bus there.

Aye, but it happened 'away' from the stadium. Doubt Liverpool will get much more than a stern telling off and a fine, knowing how poor UEFA are with these matters (that's not to say I think Liverpool should be punished more, but that UEFA have a history of failing to deal with these situations (and worse)).

Manchester City were poor, but Liverpool made them poor. Excellent performance, stunning game plan.

Soldato
Anything is possible with this team. The clean sheet and away goals rule is massive though.

I agree but its bit like the PSG and Barca game last season (?) PSG sat back at the Nou Camp and got knocked out.

For what its worth I don't dislike either side, both play really good football and have likable managers.

EDIT Must have been an incredible experience last night - I'm assuming you are season ticket holder?

Don
If only. I live 280 miles away unfortunately, although I have been on the season ticket waiting list for over 15 years. One of my brother's friends is a season ticket holder and whenever he can't go he offers his tickets to us so I manage to get up there a fair few times a season - last night was the best atmosphere I've seen at Anfield though.

Caporegime
Stay classy Liverpool fans, just watching the videos from the city bus where it was being pelted by objects.

Never really understood the whole tribalism thing with football clubs and fans. It’s like fans become absolute animals when it’s game day.

I don’t expect Liverpool to be punished harshly. Although it would be a change from the usual wrist slap and pathetic fines.

Caporegime
And Sane's performance had nothing to do with how well TAA defended against him? KdB & Silva's had nothing to do with Henderson, Milner & Ox running themselves into the ground, giving them no time on the ball? I agree Jesus was terrible but then again, he had little to no service all game because of how well Liverpool defended and by that I mean how we pressured City's midfield and stopped them getting the ball into him.

Considering Sane was busy tackling himself TAA's performance didn't have that much of an effect on him, he did have a good game though I won't deny it.

Likewise for De Bruyne, he's giving the ball away when Liverpool's midfield weren't within 20 yards of him. Same for David Silva and Fernandinho.

Of course Liverpools players and tactics had an effect on City's performance, but they were crap even when on top in the second half.

Can't see City pulling that back regardless of how good they can be. Chances are Liverpool score as well, one away goal = absolutely game over.

Back
Top Bottom