UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hilarious that people are finding things to complain about. We controlled the game and won against a good side.

We dictated the pace of the game and had the best chances. Creativity and defence were balanced and that’s how you win tournaments. You don’t win by being fun to watch.

it’s national football, people are just miserable *****

LMAO do UEFA really give a 'star of the match' now because - presumably - it could possibly cause immeasurable offence (as words are violence) to any players that identify as women, animals, trees or fictional creatures to be given MotM.

Thought it was a fair game and a good watch. Two solid sides are always going to end up in a middling game excitement wise as they effectively block each other out.

England showed real danger and some domination in the opening 1/4, which gives me high hopes.

Will definitely take the win.

Not the best performance but got the job done.
That's the problem though, and anyone who speaks up about it gets derided as being pessimistic and moaning. We play average and met a side that was slightly less average. Both sides would suffer against a good team.

That's the problem though, and anyone who speaks up about it gets derided as being pessimistic and moaning. We play average and met a side that was slightly less average. Both sides would suffer against a good team.

What's the problem and what would you change?

I genuinely wonder if people watch the finals of major tournaments, international or otherwise. The best teams are boring to watch unless it's against much worse opposition. Croatia are a solid team who are difficult to break down and dangerous if not managed. They are not a team you can go and bang 5 goals against, look at their stats and recent matches against top teams man.

You're not necessarily a pessimist but you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom