UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem though, and anyone who speaks up about it gets derided as being pessimistic and moaning. We play average and met a side that was slightly less average. Both sides would suffer against a good team.

there’s speaking up and then there’s just going over bored with stupid opinions how it’s the worst performance ever witnessed on any football pitch in any country across the whole expanse of time which is the way some people here are making out today’s performance

A very meh performance, said to the neighbour at the end of the game the only player I'd give above a 5 was Philips who I thought was an 8, Walker and Kane were almost non existent (although Walker stood out more for his terrible passing).

Fully expected a 1-1 but Croatia were that poor they just hoped Modric could pull something out of the bag for them, they look like they've got sometime to come in the wilderness as Modric will retire very soon too.

A very meh performance, said to the neighbour at the end of the game the only player I'd give above a 5 was Philips who I thought was an 8, Walker and Kane were almost non existent (although Walker stood out more for his terrible passing).

Fully expected a 1-1 but Croatia were that poor they just hoped Modric could pull something out of the bag for them, they look like they've got sometime to come in the wilderness as Modric will retire very soon too.
Yeah we just about got the win but could have just as easily lost on another day if the Croats had their shooting boots on and the defender made another couple of inches when trying to block Sterling.

Yeah we just about got the win but could have just as easily lost on another day if the Croats had their shooting boots on and the defender made another couple of inches when trying to block Sterling.

And we could have just as easily been 1 up already from Foden if his shot was a few cm to the right. Ifs and buts, bottom line is we were never troubled and got a win.

As a Spurs supporter it's nice to watch a team hold on to the lead in the 2nd half!

I thought it was a competent performance, and sets us up really well for the rest of the group games.

And we could have just as easily been 1 up already from Foden if his shot was a few cm to the right. Ifs and buts, bottom line is we were never troubled and got a win.
Still I think we will need to up our game against the scots as they will fancy their chances after watching this one.

My thoughts. Regardless of my bias opinion. Sterling was complete rubbish. Southgate brought Rashford on the right which was just stupid.

Why wasn't Luke Shaw playing? I just do not understand it. Manchester United player of the season. In the premier League team of the season and Southgate plays a RB at left back who has played rb all season.

Luke Shaw needs to start next game and if you are going to play either Sterling or Rashford. Sub one for another but in my opinion Shaw and Rashford play for club together so should really start together.

I also thought Mount was pretty poor as well and rather Grealish play in his position.

In a nutshell I think Gareth will throw this away more than the players. We were bang average today and should have put away Croatia a lot easier.

The only bright spark was Phillips bossed it in the middle and Tyrone Mings wasn't that bad.

Luke Shaw needs to start next game and if you are going to play either Sterling or Rashford. Sub one for another but in my opinion Shaw and Rashford play for club together so should really start together.

Just because they play together at united means nothing at International level. Rashford has been rubbish as of late.

Grealish should have played instead of Rashford, the game was crying our for his spark and ability.

Just because they play together at united means nothing at International level. Rashford has been rubbish as of late.

Grealish should have played instead of Rashford, the game was crying our for his spark and ability.

I was just making it as a point and how it could help. I actually agree and think Grealish and Shaw would be a better option but starting Tripper in front of both Shaw and Chillwell must have been a massive slap in the face for them.

I was just making it as a point and how it could help. I actually agree and think Grealish and Shaw would be a better option but starting Tripper in front of both Shaw and Chillwell must have been a massive slap in the face for them.

I thought it was crazy, playing a RB at LB with Shaw on the bench. I'd like to know his thought process here?

I thought it was crazy, playing a RB at LB with Shaw on the bench. I'd like to know his thought process here?

Well I can’t read his mind but there’s a few obvious reasons.

Firstly Trippier was the only English player on the pitch who plays in La Liga. He is familiar with playing against more than one of the Croatian team at club level, not least of all Modric.

What a lot of people fail to take into account when assessing who plays which position is the person behind the footballer. Trippier knows the best of the opposition, has just won La Liga with AM after starting every game, was named most creative player of the tournament at the world cup, has crucial experience in big international tournaments, has played against Croatia before and is a pretty decent LB even though it’s not his normal role.

Yes there are better LBs available but they don’t suit how England was set up today and they lack everything just mentioned.

You have to set up against the team you’re playing which means there will be no set starting 11. That means your favourite players might get benched and if you don’t understand football it is probably going to bemuse you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom