UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just that England as a hole country are just dampened down so much. Don't upset anyone, no fire anymore. I remember 10 or 20 years ago nearly every car had England flags on. Now hardly anything. Look at the Scots. Seem to have fire and pride in their country.

For some reason nationalism is encouraged unless it's England.

At least Grealish was looking for the pass, sterling just gets knocked off the ball at every opportunity

That's what happens to them both when there's zero movement around them and no outlet. Grealish would have fared no better on from the start. Souness and his teeth were spot on for me, that midfield aint working. Wright too.

Slow, laboured and cowardly.

I'd be embarrassed if I were Scottish and celebrating that.

Southgate is weak that's all.

Stealing a living.

If by some miracle we do win this tournament, it will be in spite of him not because of him. Should have gone after the embarrassment of the world cup.

That's what happens to them both when there's zero movement around them and no outlet. Grealish would have fared no better on from the start. Souness and his teeth were spot on for me, that midfield aint working. Wright too.

Definitely. People knocked us in that last game but we made a few promising opportunities at the very least. Next to none of that was seen tonight. It really was as though Southgate had told them to look for a draw so we don't top out.

Do England have too many good players? Not world class as I think England have 2 and ones running through treacle at the moment.

Scotland looked well drilled, they know their limitations and play within that. England have an abundance of good players so its like they are trying to fit them all in. Every poster in this thread would have a different 11

At least Grealish was looking for the pass, sterling just gets knocked off the ball at every opportunity

Foden and Sterling had a similar amount of touches...both lost possession 11 times. Sterling had a 93% pass completion rate compared to 80% for Foden. Grealish lost possession at a similar rate and has a worse pass completion rate then Sterling so i dont agree with this at all. Where Grealish beats them both is defensively though. Won every tackle.

Henderson and Bellingham need to come into the midfield from the next game and it might be a big call but you've got to consider leaving Kane out too. Everyone was complaining when Foden come off for Grealish but it's very difficult to have both on them pitch if Kane's the 3rd forward. You need to have somebody that's going to stretch teams in behind so maybe you have to look at playing Rashford through the middle or even Sterling and then having both Foden & Grealish either side.
Robbo needs to lay off the speed, his eyes are almost popping out of his head.
He's superman. Along with Gini, he's played pretty much every game for club and country for 3 years and he's still full of beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom