UEFA Euro 2020 Quarter Finals ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can people only call cheating out if their team has won something? That was disgusting cheating last night, the Immobile example in particular was pathetic.

Personally I can’t stand it whether it’s England players or San Marino players. Cheating is cheating.

Aside from that, come on England! World in motion on repeat all day until the 5pm kick off.

"Alex, play World in Motion on repeat. Volume 66."

Also:

Soldato
I'm hoping the Denmark game goes to extra time.

It all part of the show and I'd prefer to see some diving over players getting a straight red for what looked like a good old fashioned tackle like in the Switzerland game.

It's not part of the show at all, the Spanish player also went down like he was an extra from Platoon which no doubt played on the referees mind for the red.

When Salah went down easily once, when it was still a foul, he had articles in the papers about him. Cascarino said it was an insult to Bobby Stiles who had just died yet yesterday they were all sat there laughing about it.

They're all hypocrites.
Exactly, I appreciate football has advanced from the days of Nat Lofthouse et all punching the goalie into the net for a goal but the 3 day back page headline when Salah was clearly fouled and was labelled a diver (iirc Kane did a ridiculous dive the day after this but nothing was mentioned in the press) is bordering on obssession.

The majority of football fans are all the same though, as long as their teams doing it it's ok, this is something I've said for many a year that I'd rather lose than cheat to win but I'm in a very very small minority

Soldato
It's not part of the show at all, the Spanish player also went down like he was an extra from Platoon which no doubt played on the referees mind for the red.
That's what VAR is there for though take a look at and possibly overturn decisions like that but it didn't get overturned and neither did the comical one from the Wales game.

Soldato
That's what VAR is there for though take a look at and possibly overturn decisions like that but it didn't get overturned and neither did the comical one from the Wales game.
Yes true but it's like flogging a dead horse, VAR is not working properly at all, granted it's much better during this tournament than in the Premier League but it's still not changing the glaringly obvious, how many times has a striker been tugging an attackers shirt and VAR has done diddly squat, it was supposed to pick up on the stuff the ref missed but as it's being controlled by a human it's still down to personal interpretation so no 2 matches will be run the same via VAR.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Rumours that Sancho is going to start the game tonight. Signs for United a few days ago and now he gets his first proper minutes of the tournament. Coincidence? I think not!

Soldato
It all part of the show and I'd prefer to see some diving over players getting a straight red for what looked like a good old fashioned tackle like in the Switzerland game.
While I agree with most of what you say, I have to disagree on the red card because it was clearly a red card as he went in a at speed and was endangering a player.

51287611760_1a7fd85e15_o.png

Freuler does get the ball (it bounces of his shin) but he makes contact on Gerards right shin with the heel of his straightened right leg (which is about 8 inches off the ground) and then sweeps Gerard of his foot with his mostly bent left leg.

Watch it a few times as I have and even if Oliver had given a yellow I suspect VAR would have sent him to the monitors to upgrade it to red.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some people claimed it wasn't two footed lmao
:D It's not a typical or example of the worst two footed tackles (I seem to remember Didier Drogba getting sent off for one of those) but it is definitely a potential leg breaker and he does make contact with his straightened right leg not just the bent left leg that takes Gerard's standing leg away.

51285882917_4f4b315c3c_o.png

Man of Honour
Glad to hear Sancho might be starting later. We should be relentless and put Ukraine to the sword, but it's never that simple is it...

Soldato
Time for the first beer of the day ahead of the inevitable suffering. At least I've made brioche buns for burgers tonight.

Crying girl Gofundme at £26k. How stupid is humanity.

Caporegime
Saka got a knock apparently.

Would love to see Grealish in front of the 2 inevitable DM but it’ll probably be Mount.

Assume the team will be:

Pickford
Walker, stones, Maguire, Shaw
Rice, Philips
Mount
Sancho, Kane, Sterling

Soldato
Saka got a knock apparently.

Would love to see Grealish in front of the 2 inevitable DM but it’ll probably be Mount.

Assume the team will be:

Pickford
Walker, stones, Maguire, Shaw
Rice, Philips
Mount
Sancho, Kane, Sterling
Ah fair enough, makes a bit more sense. I'm happy with Mount in, he's plenty creative and makes better decisions than Grealish. Grealish is a fantastic option if we need a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom