UEFA Euro 2020 Quarter Finals ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He definitely isn’t bad at pens, sure he’s got one of the better records.
Looks poor to me.

Lloris: Saved 16 in 103 pens (15.5% save rate)
De Gea: Saved 11 in 64 pens (17.2% save rate)
Buffon: Saved 34 in 111 pens (30.6% save rate)
Neuer: Saved 22 in 70 pens (31.4% save rate)
Casillas: Saved 23 in 100 pens (23% save rate)
Navas: Saved 18 in 58 pens (31% save rate)

He seemed to have a good run in 19/20 but overall it's poor.

Caporegime
Looks poor to me.

Lloris: Saved 16 in 103 pens (15.5% save rate)
De Gea: Saved 11 in 64 pens (17.2% save rate)
Buffon: Saved 34 in 111 pens (30.6% save rate)
Neuer: Saved 22 in 70 pens (31.4% save rate)
Casillas: Saved 23 in 100 pens (23% save rate)
Navas: Saved 18 in 58 pens (31% save rate)

He seemed to have a good run in 19/20 but overall it's poor.

Fair enough, clearly thinking of someone else with that record!

Soldato
When england players dive its 'part of the game'. Anyone else and it's cheating. I love the double standards and snobbery from fans of a team who haven't been significant since 1966.
Though to be fair, that's the majority of football fans in general.

Soldato
Tbh slapstick football could be reasonably entertaining.

It could be if we weren't playing in it. Anyway it started tonight with that guy wandering around in just his pants. Seriously they book players for taking of their shirt then allow that? I pity the poor kid whose dad turns up "hey son, I've got you something from one of the Italy team after the match" "aw wow thanks papa, is it a shirt I can wear in the street and be the envy of my mates with a national footballing hero's name across my shoulders?" " No son, it's a pair of generic shorts far too big for you with the stink and fugg of a grown man's ball sweat absorbed over 95 grueling minutes and no name whatsoever."

Soldato
When england players dive its 'part of the game'. Anyone else and it's cheating. I love the double standards and snobbery from fans of a team who haven't been significant since 1966.
No it isn't it's called cheating no matter which douche does it. There's no place for it and with var they should start doling out cards and post match fines. They should also start making players go off for a mandatory 5 minutes while play continues every time someone falls to the floor and rolls around like they've been shot. If their team is down to 10 men all the time they'll quickly stop faking it.

Soldato
No it isn't it's called cheating no matter which douche does it. There's no place for it and with var they should start doling out cards and post match fines. They should also start making players go off for a mandatory 5 minutes while play continues every time someone falls to the floor and rolls around like they've been shot. If their team is down to 10 men all the time they'll quickly stop faking it.

Sure. I'm sure everyone was calling out Grealish and Sterling. I don't like seeing it either, its why I only really watch euro and world cup, and a few games at that.
If they did as you said then it would be easier to stomach for sure.

Soldato
Not sure grealish getting blatantly chopped to the floor is the same as those Italians feigning bullets to the stomach because a Belgian brushed their shirt. Sterling however yeah he's done a couple of Tom Daley specials

Caporegime
The Italians looked very very good to me last night. I think they'll win this competition.

Obviously they take cheating and diving to another level, but until the sport decides it doesn't like that anymore and does something about it, you can't really blame them as professionals for trying to gain any advantage they can.

Soldato
Sure. I'm sure everyone was calling out Grealish and Sterling. I don't like seeing it either, its why I only really watch euro and world cup, and a few games at that.
If they did as you said then it would be easier to stomach for sure.

It sounds like I'm in a similar boat to you, I generally don't watch football, in part because of this cheating and unsporting behaviour and I agree that almost all teams do it, but there is no doubt that some do it more than others and there is no doubt that Italy where doing it more in the last 5 to 10 minutes to just get to the end of the game. The goalie stubbed his fingers on the ball for gods sake and then went to the ground for 2 minutes! I've said for years they could clean it up if they wanted with post match reviews, but I think it's just accepted as part of the game...

Soldato
It sounds like I'm in a similar boat to you, I generally don't watch football, in part because of this cheating and unsporting behaviour and I agree that almost all teams do it, but there is no doubt that some do it more than others and there is no doubt that Italy where doing it more in the last 5 to 10 minutes to just get to the end of the game. The goalie stubbed his fingers on the ball for gods sake and then went to the ground for 2 minutes! I've said for years they could clean it up if they wanted with post match reviews, but I think it's just accepted as part of the game...

Yep like the shirt tugging and holding that goes on in the box. I recall an interview once where a player said they were told to run a certain way so it was easier to go down when tackled.

Caporegime
I guess when success doesn't exist it's easier to focus on how other teams achieve theirs.

Can people only call cheating out if their team has won something? That was disgusting cheating last night, the Immobile example in particular was pathetic.

Personally I can’t stand it whether it’s England players or San Marino players. Cheating is cheating.

Aside from that, come on England! World in motion on repeat all day until the 5pm kick off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup 8pm. Some one did say 5pm during the commentary last night but I think they just made a mistake. I'll be watching at 5pm though as i want to see how the Denmark game goes.

Soldato
Though to be fair, that's the majority of football fans in general.
I think you should look back at some of my posts and see where I've called out Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Grealish and Maddison for diving and when raising my points said when Pogba, Salah and Martial do it they're called dirty cheating foreigners.

I also called out Owen and Beckham on many occasion, really winds me up when it's papered over by the commentators like last night when Immobile was down feigning injury for the 1st goal but as soon as he saw it was in he jumped up and ran off with the other players to celebrate, as someone previously said it's easy to retrospectively ban players now but it's quite obvious the powers that be don't want to.

Soldato
Yup 8pm. Some one did say 5pm during the commentary last night but I think they just made a mistake. I'll be watching at 5pm though as i want to see how the Denmark game goes.
I'm hoping the Denmark game goes to extra time.

I think you should look back at some of my posts and see where I've called out Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Grealish and Maddison for diving and when raising my points said when Pogba, Salah and Martial do it they're called dirty cheating foreigners.

I also called out Owen and Beckham on many occasion, really winds me up when it's papered over by the commentators like last night when Immobile was down feigning injury for the 1st goal but as soon as he saw it was in he jumped up and ran off with the other players to celebrate, as someone previously said it's easy to retrospectively ban players now but it's quite obvious the powers that be don't want to.

It all part of the show and I'd prefer to see some diving over players getting a straight red for what looked like a good old fashioned tackle like in the Switzerland game.

Soldato

When Salah went down easily once, when it was still a foul, he had articles in the papers about him. Cascarino said it was an insult to Bobby Stiles who had just died yet yesterday they were all sat there laughing about it.

They're all hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom