UEFA Euro 2020 Quarter Finals ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well my time at Wembley was great until I got an covid exposure warning today saying I need to sel isolate for 5 days

Hope nothing comes of it and you stay well.

Any idea why its only 5 days? and do you think it was from Wembley or did you go to pubs and stuff before? I only ask because i thought everyone had to be tested to get in.

Soldato
Hope nothing comes of it and you stay well.

Any idea why its only 5 days? and do you think it was from Wembley or did you go to pubs and stuff before? I only ask because i thought everyone had to be tested to get in.

My friend who I went with got one too, might have been Wembley seats, the train, the bar inside Wembley. Who knows.
We all had to add the results of lateral flow test to the NHS app. However the results were optional, you could basically lie. They also on work for contagions in the saliva, or so I'm informed. Maybe some one caught it a day later, but everyone gets a pinged warning now.

I think it's 5 days because it's an exposure warning. I would have to go get a test to remove it. I assume.

Soldato
tip of the iceberg, just wait until 19th when political decisions completely take over instead of the science. It'll be open season again. Anyone reckon we'll hear of a London/Wembley variant before too long?

Caporegime
Well my time at Wembley was great until I got an covid exposure warning today saying I need to sel isolate for 5 days
Would have thought it would be obvious that the chances of that would be extremely high. We know we're hitting a third wave as we speak.

Also that the people attending would be the less risk-averse among us, therefore likely to be those with the greatest chance of having it/passing it on due to risk-taking behaviours.

Soldato
Italy and Denmark to win these semi's 2-0 in uneventful rather boring matches is my prediction
Italy aren't capable of playing a boring match. Their theatrics alone render that impossible. Italy v Spain? They'll be some controvesy. And a lot of diving.

There's a semi final thread now - it's probably time to shift over to that one for semi final game chat.

Soldato
I'd have thought just a negative lateral flow test would be enough, but maybe not.
They make you download the NHS app and require you to sign up and input a negative LFT but...... The qr code to link your test to the app cannot tell if the test is negative, all it requires is your honesty to add the correct (or lie) results to it.

Basically as long as you own a LFT you can fake it.

Soldato
They make you download the NHS app and require you to sign up and input a negative LFT but...... The qr code to link your test to the app cannot tell if the test is negative, all it requires is your honesty to add the correct (or lie) results to it.

Basically as long as you own a LFT you can fake it.
Surely you don't need the app to do that, though? You can register a negative result on the NHS website and get a txt. Either way though, like you say it relies on the person logging it to tell the truth :)

Sui

Sui

Soldato
The issue I see it, people aren’t going to admit they got a positive test prior to attending the game given the prices of the tickets and travel that won’t be able to be refunded (I’d imagine).

There’s not really a way around it unless they open up testing sites specifically for pre-event screening but that just feels like it’ll be awful.

Caporegime
The issue I see it, people aren’t going to admit they got a positive test prior to attending the game given the prices of the tickets and travel that won’t be able to be refunded (I’d imagine).

There’s not really a way around it unless they open up testing sites specifically for pre-event screening but that just feels like it’ll be awful.

Exactly. This is the first and maybe only time in my lifetime that England would get to the finals. If I was in a place where I had spent several thousand on tickets I would be finding every way to go no matter.

Soldato
Surely you don't need the app to do that, though? You can register a negative result on the NHS website and get a txt. Either way though, like you say it relies on the person logging it to tell the truth :)

Yes I believe they would accept either the NHS app Event pass which you can get with a negative LFT or the QR code or email you receive from the NHS email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom