UEFA Euro 2020 Quarter Finals ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
We absolutley cannot overlook Denmark! Forget the final, for now...

True. They shouldn't be underestimated.

I do think that this is the most realistic chance we've had in a long time to win a major championship though. I was skeptical during the group stages as I wasn't all that impressed by the games. However our performances against Germany and Ukraine were excellent.

Permabanned
Not getting the Shaw hype... Looks about a stone overweight, not very comfortable on the ball and carrying it forward, seems to pass backwards more often than not.... Ok, he has done a few good crosses but overall agree with Mourinho, the way people are talking you'd think he has suddenly become one of the best players in the world lol.

Soldato
Not getting the Shaw hype... Looks about a stone overweight, not very comfortable on the ball and carrying it forward, seems to pass backwards more often than not.... Ok, he has done a few good crosses but overall agree with Mourinho, the way people are talking you'd think he has suddenly become one of the best players in the world lol.

A stone overweight? Lol what?

As for the rest of it....is 3 assists in 2 games not worth talking about in your mind? This being on the back of a purple period in the Premier League for his club where he's arguably been the best LB.

I might get called obnoxious again but geez, some of the opinions on this forum make me laugh.

Man of Honour

You must be joking. :o

Associate
Found Mourinho's account

Funny that he played so well at the home of Jose's new club.

He's playing so well now, really seems to have moved on mentally from that horror injury a while back. Man, I still remember being so upset that night, his leg was literally hanging off.

Caporegime
True. They shouldn't be underestimated.

I do think that this is the most realistic chance we've had in a long time to win a major championship though. I was skeptical during the group stages as I wasn't all that impressed by the games. However our performances against Germany and Ukraine were excellent.

I thought the same in 2018 but as soon as we came up against a decent team (Belgium) we were dumped out with our tail between our legs, people are looking at the Germany game as proof of greatness but they nearly lost to Hungary who easily held their own in that supposed group of death, maybe Hungary weren't that good after all but rather France, Germany and Portugal aren't as good as we thought.

Caporegime
I thought the same in 2018 but as soon as we came up against a decent team (Belgium) we were dumped out with our tail between our legs, people are looking at the Germany game as proof of greatness but they nearly lost to Hungary who easily held their own in that supposed group of death, maybe Hungary weren't that good after all but rather France, Germany and Portugal aren't as good as we thought.

I think Germany was an adequate test. They are still a good side with good players, and they did beat Portugal 4-2.

Ukraine wasn't such a big test, but it was a very, very convincing win.

Caporegime

Croatia.

Belgium also did us but that was 3rd place play off.

Bit of an odd opinion, he was garbage against Scotland but then who wasn't. Since then he's looked good, involved in both goals (1 assist) against Germany and 2 assists yesterday. Not sure he could be doing much more tbh.

Last edited:
Don
So who's feeling confident of a win over Denmark? Just gauging the room :p

I recall playing them a few games ago, I only remember as it was when Phillips made his debut. We were terrible and they should have beaten us, I think it was 0-0. It will be a test but I think we have enough fire power, home advantage and confidence to get through.

Caporegime

I am confident, we need to score early again though. I feel we are growing in confidence, banging a few in will have got the lads absolutely buzzing. We should have enough.

Denmark are decent no doubt about it but if we don't go through it'll be massively disappointing given the two teams/squads on paper and it's a home game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A stone overweight? Lol what?

As for the rest of it....is 3 assists in 2 games not worth talking about in your mind? This being on the back of a purple period in the Premier League for his club where he's arguably been the best LB.

I might get called obnoxious again but geez, some of the opinions on this forum make me laugh.

These are opinions of people who you never see in this sub forum until international games are on so it is mostly just made up anyway.

Soldato
nope! just as with my predictions for yesterday I'm keeping it firmly negative, no chance, they're all useless, can't win a thing, Denmark will be another Iceland/Croatia etc etc.

Oh and Kane can't hit a barn door. Etc etc. Now go prove me wrong out there lads. I'd be delighted if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom