UEFA Euro 2024 Group C ** spoilers ** (Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, ENGLAND)

Associate
Watch his champs league winners interview. Delivered it in Spanish. Guy is unreal for his age
Just listened to this, it was basic Spanish but still impressive

As for the game today, it’s only the second match I’ve watched in years (first being Spain winning 3-0 a couple of days ago)

It was boring as hell and had me wondering why England were being touted as one of the favourites for the tournament but hopefully things improve

Caporegime
Bellingham won more ground duals than other midfielder today, no reason he can't play a deeper role to account for Foden.
Could he? Sure. But why would we take our best 10 away from that position to accommodate a player that is not as good and rarely even good in an England shirt. Could Foden have scored the goal that Bellingham did? It would be far better to have Foden on the bench with Palmer to offer us greater options for changing games. We don't need 3 players playing in the same place on the pitch.

Soldato
Could he? Sure. But why would we take our best 10 away from that position to accommodate a player that is not as good and rarely even good in an England shirt. Could Foden have scored the goal that Bellingham did? It would be far better to have Foden on the bench with Palmer to offer us greater options for changing games. We don't need 3 players playing in the same place on the pitch.

Now you're changing the argument to something more nuanced. I was replying to a the post that said it could only work on Fifa, essentially saying it's a crazy idea to have Rice, Bellingham and Foden playing together in the middle. For me, that middle 3 literally picks itself, i think it's criminal we can't play them together. You lose something aerially if Bellingham is a bit deeper, so what, he's still on the pitch. It's not like he wouldn't be getting into the box, maybe he wouldn't be the first/second man in there but he could arrive with his presence still

Last edited:
Associate
England this time is like when we had too many good CM's in Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes, trying to shoe them in all together. Now its too many good 10's.

Caporegime
Now you're changing the argument to something more nuanced. I was replying to a the post that said it could only work on Fifa, essentially saying it's a crazy idea to have Rice, Bellingham and Foden playing together in the middle. For me, that middle 3 literally picks itself, i think it's criminal we can't play them together. You lose something aerially if Bellingham is a bit deeper, so what, he's still on the pitch. It's not like he wouldn't be getting into the box, maybe he wouldn't the first/second man in there but he could arrive us his presence.
Personally I still think it's crazy, it might work against some really weak teams but play with that against anyone competent and I don't think it will work. I feel like we're repeating history like scarps said. We need to pick a team, not a collection of the best players.

Soldato
Personally I still think it's crazy, it might work against some really weak teams but play with that against anyone competent and I don't think it will work. I feel like we're repeating history like scarps said. We need to pick a team, not a collection of the best players.

If you were to ask Bellingham whether he could play in there alongside Rice and scrap against the better teams, he would say of course. And i think he can, we dont need 3 midfielders that can all be defensive. France play Griezmann at 10, hardly Claude Makelele.

Caporegime
If you were to ask Bellingham whether he could play in there alongside Rice and scrap against the better teams, he would say of course. And i think he can, we dont need 3 midfielders that can all be defensive. France play Griezmann at 10, hardly Claude Makelele.
The example you used for that is Griezmann? Griezmann is great defensively. I didn't say we needed all 3 midfielders to be defensive, but we do need balance and I don't think what you proposed is feasible in most games and additionally doesn't use our best player to his strengths.

Soldato
The example you used for that is Griezmann? Griezmann is great defensively. I didn't say we needed all 3 midfielders to be defensive, but we do need balance and I don't think what you proposed is feasible in most games and additionally doesn't use our best player to his strengths.

What is Jude's best strength though? I think he's pretty much an all rounder, certainly wouldn't say he's better than Foden on the half turn in those spaces in front of the defence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom