UEFA Euro 2024 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [9th - 10th July 2024]

Soldato
I think Southgate will start with the same team and formation that he did versus Holland. We had a lot joy with Bellingham playing out left but with a lot of license to drift into the centre and create a 4. Start like we did v Holland and hopefully we can be the team on top for the first 45. And hopefully we're 2 up by that point.

• Love
Reactions: fez
Soldato
My immediate reaction to this.

nooo.gif

Soldato
Football is about entertainment too, if the result was all that mattered then we'd just check the score at final whistle and get a rush.
Precisely. Achievements / results / statistics, they don't tell the whole picture at all.

I'd still rather lose, having had an exciting match, than nick a winning goal but had more fun watching paint dry - which is basically 90% of Southgate games. It's all standard 'they're winning in spite of him, not because of him.' And I'll always stand by that whether we win the final, the world cup final etc.
If we win anything, I won't feel half the elation I would normally, the man just spoils it for me to the point I may take Baz's approach and not watch in future.

Caporegime
I'd still rather lose, having had an exciting match, than nick a winning goal but had more fun watching paint dry

Not a chance, we've had enough of that with England over the years and I don't feel any better for it.

I agree with Shami that football is about entertainment, but I get plenty of that from club football for nine months of the year.

Nicking the winning goal when you are not playing well and lifting a trophy is one of the best feelings in football. I don't know how anyone can feel better about losing than winning, no matter how entertaining we are. I get that people want Southate gone, but I still wouldn't want us to lose just so it's a foregone conclusion.

I know we've been to a couple of finals in a row now and we should be seeing more, but England lifting a trophy could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a lot of people. Football in general has become much more pragmatic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom