UEFA Euro 2024 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [9th - 10th July 2024]

Soldato
Why do people pay Roy Keane vast sums of money for being a misery guts on TV for a couple of hours.

When England scored the amazing winner he looked like his wife and kids had just left him lol.

Soldato
England did step it up a notch yesterday and hopefully the players realise they have another chance to step up their game one final time and upset Spain.
Spain game could be a cracker, I don’t think we have to fear possession based football in the way we used to as our team these days are so much more comfortable on the ball than in years gone by. The real bonus is I don’t see Spain doing what the Netherlands did second half and setting themselves up purely to frustrate us they will want to play their way and hopefully they will focus loads of attention on Bellingham after he ripped up the league in Spain and leave Foden the space he had first half today!

Soldato
As a non biased Welshman. I thought England were a lot better yesterday and probably deserved the win in the end. Penalty was on the softer side but I wasn't surprised it was given in the end. There's been much worse decisions than that.

Caporegime
Why do people pay Roy Keane vast sums of money for being a misery guts on TV for a couple of hours.

When England scored the amazing winner he looked like his wife and kids had just left him lol.

Putting his natural demeanour to one side, he's Irish and shouldn't have to hide how he really feels when he's "off camera". I much prefer that to McCoist, who is frankly embarrassing as a Scotsman for how much he fawns over us, if it wasn't for the accent you'd think he was English.

I wouldn't say he's been a misery guts either, because he's often far worse on Sky when he's punditing on club football. He's been relatively positive about Southgate and the England players from what I've seen.

Soldato

Maybe because he is Irish lol, but seriously I think he is one of the better ones from the other trash

Last edited:
Soldato
As an Italy fan, half of me is still English :D

I said weeks ago, England will find spaces in teams that don't just sit back and defend/play on the counter. Against the NL, I'd argue England looked at their best.

In addition to that, for these tournaments you need luck. England certainly have it this year. I think it's England's year :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Putting his natural demeanour to one side, he's Irish and shouldn't have to hide how he really feels when he's "off camera".
It would be nice if everyone could say what they actually think/feel, unfortunately there are vast swathes of people who cant handle someone saying what they actually think/feel.

Soldato

They don't pay him for being a misery guts, they pay him for those few occasions when Gary Neville can get a slight smirk out of him by regaling some United story, or vice versa Roy breaks character for a moment to take a jab at Gary Neville. Roy Keane could teach Dead Pan comedy at university Worth the licence fee on its own, or advert money anyway.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I feel for Southgate because he will have absolutely no idea what to do vs Spain. We played the best we have played in the tournament yesterday because we were against a team that gave us a bit more space and we were a far more daring that we have been. Passes between the lines. Quicker build up. Taking a few more risks.

Every fibre of his being will be screaming 5 at the back, 2 DMs somehow and hit them on the break.

Soldato
Typical, I got tickets to see DJ Shadow on Sunday night and it clashes with the final. I didn't even realise it was the same date when I bought them ages ago. Then all throughout the tournament, I didn't think we'd make it so wasn't too worried. Now I don't want to miss out on either, but I'd be absolutely gutted if we won and I wasn't watching.

Soldato
Typical, I got tickets to see DJ Shadow on Sunday night and it clashes with the final. I didn't even realise it was the same date when I bought them ages ago. Then all throughout the tournament, I didn't think we'd make it so wasn't too worried. Now I don't want to miss out on either, but I'd be absolutely gutted if we won and I wasn't watching.
Worst "I'm going to see DJ Shadow" post ever ;)

Caporegime
One is a once in a lifetime memory. The other is England losing to Spain.

Soldato
One is a once in a lifetime memory. The other is England losing to Spain.
:cry:

If we win, it would be worth missing the gig. However, I don't think we're going to win and I'd be massively annoyed at missing it to just watch England lose. I don't think he's due to start until about 8.30 - 9ish, so I might be able to watch the first half and make a decision then.

Soldato
:cry:

If we win, it would be worth missing the gig. However, I don't think we're going to win and I'd be massively annoyed at missing it to just watch England lose. I don't think he's due to start until about 8.30 - 9ish, so I might be able to watch the first half and make a decision then.
DJ Shadow all the way. Not even a debate.

Soldato
I feel for Southgate because he will have absolutely no idea what to do vs Spain. We played the best we have played in the tournament yesterday because we were against a team that gave us a bit more space and we were a far more daring that we have been. Passes between the lines. Quicker build up. Taking a few more risks.

Every fibre of his being will be screaming 5 at the back, 2 DMs somehow and hit them on the break.

Nail on the head there. He'll be having nightmare right now that he hasn't got Kalvin Phillips. Wouldn't be surprised at all for him to try and find a formation that plays 3 centre mids, or instruct Bellingham to drop deep and just make the midfield as compact as possible.

Mainoo was my motm yesterday, looks a unbelievable talent, but he's going to be playing against the trio of Fabian Ruiz/Rodri and Olmo will be one hell of a test. Think we will lose the midfield battle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom