UHD and HDR

Soldato
OP
Not sure which Dx model you have but Netflix will definitely work for HDR you should see the brightness go to 100 in the settings, Amazon is having issues on the Tv's currently as they have updated to HDR10+ but the Tv's have not, and BBc Iplayer on the 2016 range wont do HLG via the APP on through HMDI, this is taken from a response i received from Panasonic.
Amazon was OK too as I tried the grand tour. Currently watching s5 of the walking dead and it looks horrendous

Caporegime
That is one thing I like about the LG OLEDs, the way it always pops up showing if it is HDR, HLG, dolby vision etc. and it switches modes flawlessly.

And yes the walking dead in general is terrible for quality.

Soldato
And if you go in and turn it on and then off the difference between HDR and SDR is so obvious - especially on something like the Star Trek Series.
Star Trek Discovery is controversially 1080p/hdr too (earlier thread) - so not sure if that combination presents some problems on TV brands/streaming boxes ?

Associate
Not sure which Dx model you have but Netflix will definitely work for HDR you should see the brightness go to 100 in the settings, Amazon is having issues on the Tv's currently as they have updated to HDR10+ but the Tv's have not, and BBc Iplayer on the 2016 range wont do HLG via the APP on through HMDI, this is taken from a response i received from Panasonic.

902b

Annoying the Netflix app wont do 4K on a 4K tv , i got Amazon HDR to work by using the green button to filter for 4k

Soldato
Definitely getting HDR on my Panny DX700b on Netflix/Amazon and it displays it in top left corner when you switch. Re the HLG app update, I understood Panasonic stated the DX700 models would get this update but no sign of it yet. Any more info on this. Have to say Star Trek Discovery HDR looks very good even though its 1080p, can be a little grainy now and then though. Altered Carbon also looks fantastic and like an adult version of Blade Runner.

Associate
Definitely getting HDR on my Panny DX700b on Netflix/Amazon and it displays it in top left corner when you switch. Re the HLG app update, I understood Panasonic stated the DX700 models would get this update but no sign of it yet. Any more info on this. Have to say Star Trek Discovery HDR looks very good even though its 1080p, can be a little grainy now and then though. Altered Carbon also looks fantastic and like an adult version of Blade Runner.

MY DX 902 has the HLG update , but cant get any 4K using the Netflix App

Back
Top Bottom