Poll: UK Gun Laws

• Thread starter Thread starter NVP
  • Start date Start date

Should civilians have access to weapons?

• Yes - Current law is fine, no changes needed

• No - Only "Professional" users can be licensed

• No - Remove all guns from Civilians

• Yes - Current laws are too restrictive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well there is a quite obvious reason for needing one (and it's not for fun), I'm sure I don't need to spell it out unless you really are that stupid or just looking for an argument.

Yes I could use a 'professional' as you term it (also a civilian I would have thought) but by the time they arrived it would be to late in a lot of situations.
Offering "removal" services on the dark web?

That is a perfectly fine reason to own anything.
Not entirely sure that's right...

That is a perfectly fine reason to own anything. Give me a perfectly good reason that alcohol or tobacco should be legal
Arguably, they shouldn't, and it wouldn't surprise me if the UK eventually brings in the same tobacco laws as NZ in the coming years.

Banning alcohol in the UK would be like banning guns in the US though so will never happen.

My only concern with UK firearms legislation is that when the apocalypse comes, where will I get a weapon to defend myself? My 1960s .22 Webley air-pistol isn't going to cut the mustard.

This is what my extended family have them for. But the farm is long gone and it was always mainly for shoots.

I'd argue they don't need those licences anymore
Agreed.

if you have an issue with pests, maybe check and manage your boundaries first? Wonder how many want to control our boarders but won't put suitable fencing on their property.

Arguably, they shouldn't, and it wouldn't surprise me if the UK eventually brings in the same tobacco laws as NZ in the coming years.

Banning alcohol in the UK would be like banning guns in the US though so will never happen.

Another thing I'm not in agreement with absolute bans over - though I don't smoke myself, largely have a very negative view of smoking, and only occasionally drink.

Good luck fending off a zombie horde with a shotgun, unless you can reload a gun as fast as Superman.
I'm not slow. I grew up with guns and have done a lot of shooting. Anyway, 3 shells in the UK-spec autoloader. Up to 7 if you remove the block in the magazine tube (which I absolutely do not endorse anyone doing as that turns a legal shotgun in to a very illegal one).

I don't actually think there need much change in our gun laws. The kind of gun crimes we get are gang related mostly and 1 off instances, and these kind of crimes is almost impossible to prevent. The ones that concern me the most in the US is when people can just buy one on Saturday with 2000 rounds and go into a school on Monday morning. We don't have that here now.

Banning it completely don't work, there will be a black market for it and or people will just 3D print one (aka Japan) anyway.

p.s. if it's legal, I wouldn't own one, I even went to a shooting range in Georgia and had a blast! Shooting is fun, it is actually a fun sport. I must admit holding a gun in the hand makes one feel slightly more powerful or something, but it is also super scary knowing what it can do.

All I see is a load of wannabe Americans. I want to own a gun, so as my right as a civilian, I can.
Bore off.

Give me a legitimate excuse for owning one or a use case where it is needed in this country.
Still waiting.
I need one because I enjoy shooting them for sport and to kill rabbits on my land. People need to enjoy things so that's a need.

Before you say I shouldn't have one for sport as that's not a need, it's an Olympic sport. What about sports that involve bows and arrows? Shall we ban those too as there's no need for them and they could potentially be lethal?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom