Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our premise was non existent. We invade to spread our ideology and if you think we haven’t and aren’t making money from Iraqs oil then I don’t know what to say. Over a million people died but they not as important as Europeans. We are still dropping bombs as per the article I linked but was deleted.
It’s a fact we’ve stuck our noses in way more than Russians have, we been in more conflicts than Russia have, we’ve caused more bloodshed than Russia have. Sorry I know it not popular and it doesn’t excuse what Russia are doing but just because it’s not reported as such doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

And we have learned the lessons of doing so. Troops have not been committed to conflict in such a way since 2003.

Furthermore, this invasion of Russia seems to be vindictive against the Ukrainian population. We never went into Iraq because of our bloodlust of killing the Iraqi population in order to make a point.

I wonder how much oil we and more importantly the USA import from Iraq as a percentage of the total? Because I bet its miniscule compared to other countries. I don't buy this popular myth that it was a war about oil. Iraq is not a wealthy oil rich nation, this is undeniably evident. They are not like Saudi Arabia, UAE etc... Have we bought oil from Iraq? Undeniably so. Have we lined our pockets in the process? Absolutely not.

And uranium mining. Nuclear will be on an upward curve.

If you look at the hotspots for Uranium, Putin has been active - such as Mawali where Russian Mercs have been destabilising the country and fighting French troops. Now Macron has pulled the troops out and essentially allowed Russia and China to move in.

If you don't fight for equality and access then you're not going to get it.

And we have learned the lessons of doing so. Troops have not been committed to conflict in such a way since 2003.

Furthermore, this invasion of Russia seems to be vindictive against the Ukrainian population. We never went into Iraq because of our bloodlust of killing the Iraqi population in order to make a point.

I wonder how much oil we and more importantly the USA import from Iraq as a percentage of the total? Because I bet its miniscule compared to other countries. I don't buy this popular myth that it was a war about oil. Iraq is not a wealthy oil rich nation, this is undeniably evident. They are not like Saudi Arabia, UAE etc... Have we bought oil from Iraq? Undeniably so. Have we lined our pockets in the process? Absolutely not.
5th largest reserves… Maybe like Africa others are benefiting from there resources. That’s why having friendly dictatorships is popular with the US hence why armed and funded Saddam. Perhaps he was looking to use the Oil for themselves?

Easy to say when a lot of our pensioners are barely scraping by, increased price increases could end up costing a lot of life's. And a lack of gas WILL cost life's. Now before anyone gets mardy, I'm not saying we should use Russian gas. But I'm saying there are always serious consequences to things like this, that makes it an extremely difficult decision. I'm sure some minds might change com November/December.

It’s a shame there aren’t any alternative sources of gas and energy….

Easy to say when a lot of our pensioners are barely scraping by, increased price increases could end up costing a lot of life's. And a lack of gas WILL cost life's. Now before anyone gets mardy, I'm not saying we should use Russian gas. But I'm saying there are always serious consequences to things like this, that makes it an extremely difficult decision. I'm sure some minds might change com November/December.

People will still be able to heat their homes, IF there is a shortage of gas then heavy industry will be the ones without.

We’ve had years to do these things, but cheap Russian gas has always been easier for our politicians. They have blood on their hands and we’ve been saying it for years.
You say 'our politicians', but then maybe you should look at the other popular thread on here about rising energy prices.

WE are the one that want cheap energy. If anything, the UK government has been ignoring the easy options by investing heavily in solar, wind and nuclear.

If you want to blame anyone, look in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom