Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather have no gas than Russian gas.

Easy to say when a lot of our pensioners are barely scraping by, increased price increases could end up costing a lot of life's. And a lack of gas WILL cost life's. Now before anyone gets mardy, I'm not saying we should use Russian gas. But I'm saying there are always serious consequences to things like this, that makes it an extremely difficult decision. I'm sure some minds might change com November/December.

Our premise was non existent. We invade to spread our ideology and if you think we haven’t and aren’t making money from Iraqs oil then I don’t know what to say. Over a million people died but they not as important as Europeans. We are still dropping bombs as per the article I linked but was deleted.
It’s a fact we’ve stuck our noses in way more than Russians have, we been in more conflicts than Russia have, we’ve caused more bloodshed than Russia have. Sorry I know it not popular and it doesn’t excuse what Russia are doing but just because it’s not reported as such doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

However, there was no ideology spread, Iraq is still a Sunni/Shia country.

I don't see the point in these posts that compare completely incomparable conflicts and then make the foolish remarks about Europeans being more important. Of course Putins actions will result in greater reaction from the EU and NATO/West. His actions are of direct threat to Europe! It's not that Europeans are viewing themselves more important than anyone else, it's just that it actually is in our back yard right now.

Easy to say when a lot of our pensioners are barely scraping by, increased price increases could end up costing a lot of life's. And a lack of gas WILL cost life's. Now before anyone gets mardy, I'm not saying we should use Russian gas. But I'm saying there are always serious consequences to things like this, that makes it an extremely difficult decision. I'm sure some minds might change com November/December.
Time to buy shares in fracking :p

Our premise was non existent. We invade to spread our ideology

I don't think anyone is trying to defend the invasion of Iraq in this thread. We all know it was completely unjustified.

and if you think we haven’t and aren’t making money from Iraqs oil then I don’t know what to say.

BP is the only British company with an Iraqi oil contract, and it's not even the largest.

There's at least 11 other countries with Iraqi oil contracts, and most of them are non-Western.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Petroleum_industry_in_Iraq#/Oil

I don't know why you think it's bad that a British oil company is making money from Iraqi oil, could you explain that please?

Over a million people died

No.

www.iraqbodycount.org

It’s a fact we’ve stuck our noses in way more than Russians have, we been in more conflicts than Russia have, we’ve caused more bloodshed than Russia have.

No.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_wars_involving_Russia

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Military_occupations_by_the_Soviet_Union

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Excess_mortality_in_the_Soviet_Union_under_Joseph_Stalin

However, there was no ideology spread, Iraq is still a Sunni/Shia country.

I don't see the point in these posts that compare completely incomparable conflicts and then make the foolish remarks about Europeans being more important. Of course Putins actions will result in greater reaction from the EU and NATO/West. His actions are of direct threat to Europe! It's not that Europeans are viewing themselves more important than anyone else, it's just that it actually is in our back yard right now.
We do it to spread democracy don’t we? This is not about top trumps but c’mon we haven’t even learnt from our own mistakes we are still in denial.

With all these sanctions coming into place for Russia. Does that go the same for weapons etc. Or do they manufacture there own

Well ignoring the massive pile of soviet era crap they have, they do manufacture pretty much all of their equipment.

The issue however is that the more advanced stuff (S-400, Su-57, T14 and such) requires processing chips that they do not make and is currently controlled by Western or pro-West countries, something they can't substitute very easily but could probably make a messier version of what they have with older chip processes.

Do we not have the ability to prove such things in 2022? If it’s the case then it’s very serious but we shouldn’t have these kinds of accusations without proof.

it was literally done on livestream. But you know that so are clearly trolling. Bored of you now so welcome to first person on my ignore list.

Do we not have the ability to prove such things in 2022? If it’s the case then it’s very serious but we shouldn’t have these kinds of accusations without proof.

Doobedoo, you've nailed it. If only we were only self critical when we invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria.

The Russian air force has been fairly inactive in comparison, to what we and the US were during the first 8 days.

People seem to think the million dead, died of rose petals falling on their heads. It was bombs. Whilst the war in Ukraine is disgusting, and the threat of using nukes crazy. The US and the UK have normalized war and death for the masses.

Attacked and heavily shelled the radio is telling me. Yeah we know what happened with Chernobyl but let’s stand really close to it and bomb it, heavily. That makes loads of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom