Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's fairly clear that Russia has engineered itself to be engrained in capitalism through oil and gas, so much so that they're virtually untouchable. Similarly, China has done the same thing with manufactured goods. One hopes that Xi doesn't end up in the same mental state as Stalin, Hitler, Putin etc... I also hope that the current situation is a wake up call to Western leaders that reliance on global trade is dangerous and that domestic self-sufficiency is more important than ever.

Soldato
Wouldn't it be great if Russia's TV and radio broadcasts, and their printed press could be hijacked...
very few cyber attacks so far on both sides - maybe, unlike financial sanctions they would be seen as genuine intervention by NATO

For sure, the widespread view that capitalism would civilise
well London profitted, like from the Chinese, plus the housing market - maybe the UK government is now appreciating some of this could have repercussion at the voting box.

Permabanned
It's fairly clear that Russia has engineered itself to be engrained in capitalism through oil and gas, so much so that they're virtually untouchable. Similarly, China has done the same thing with manufactured goods. One hopes that Xi doesn't end up in the same mental state as Stalin, Hitler, Putin etc... I also hope that the current situation is a wake up call to Western leaders that reliance on global trade is dangerous and that domestic self-sufficiency is more important than ever.[/QUOTEthis

This was the plan for 30 years.

Associate
just had a game of dota2 had russian kid in team, he thinks all those sanctions from the world wont have any impact in his life. and he's thinking that this was is all just PR. That's an ordinary russian kid for you, most of them must be thinking like that.

Soldato
Yes, they are **** scared of Putin, currently we're not the Country under attack, Ukraine could be 'gone' in a number of weeks and Putin will be emboldened (again)

Bombing nuclear power stations is an attack on any country downwind in the worse case scenario. This is a serious escalation by Russia. Hopefully mediation can take place to ensure battles are taken away from the stations themselves.

Soldato
Notice how the russian shill hasn't had anything to say about Russia sending in the neo-nazi Wagner group to Ukraine?
Both 'sides' have hardcore neo nazi elements? I've seen plenty of twitter posts with the I stand with Ukraine hasthag and they are they posting with red and black scarfs/flags completely unaware the colours are affiliated with neo Nazis

Soldato
Bombing nuclear power stations is an attack on any country downwind in the worse case scenario. This is a serious escalation by Russia. Hopefully mediation can take place to ensure battles are taken away from the stations themselves.
I’m not sure Russia wants to be releasing radiation. Looking at the radiation map after Chernobyl it hit Belarus and Russia pretty hard.
C3-F04960-1867-4-A49-83-DA-336-F1-A366532.png

Permabanned
How is the war looking now? are russians still useless or was that a lot of western propaganda?

Last i checked Ukrainians were doing well, perhaps maybe even being able to repel the Russian offensive.

Soldato
It's in all of our interests. It is very poor form for Russia to bring the war to nuclear power stations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqu_l29WioM
I don’t think Russia would want to do as it impacts them significantly as well. Especially as the plants would release 6x more radiation than Chernobyl. Significant portions of Russia and Eastern Europe would be uninhabitable.

Soldato
just had a game of dota2 had russian kid in team, he thinks all those sanctions from the world wont have any impact in his life. and he's thinking that this was is all just PR. That's an ordinary russian kid for you, most of them must be thinking like that.

Wonder if they'll start taking gaming services offline in Russia soon, then Russian parents will have a load of angry kids to deal with.

Good on you for talking about it with him though, perhaps some Russians will learn the truth while playing online or at least start to question state media.

Soldato
How is the war looking now? are russians still useless or was that a lot of western propaganda?

Last i checked Ukrainians were doing well, perhaps maybe even being able to repel the Russian offensive.
Someone posted a very good video a while back with some analysis that showed that currently the Russian army is still exactly within the parameters and timeframes of delivering on textbook strategy.

It was pretty depressing to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom