Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Destruction of a couple strategic bombers inside of Russia may have occurred via suicide drone which would be the first during this conflict if it's true.

Would be crazy funny if it was captured Iranian drones...

Soldato
I would say bombing military bases that have been used to attack Ukraine is fair game
Absolutely. WTF do Russia expect as Ukraine comes closer to it's own "borders". It makes perfect military sense to attack the opposition in "there own space".
Would any of us expect our own army to do any different ? I think not, so why wouldn't the Ukrainians.

Caporegime
Damn, attacks in to russia are an escalation... how on earth did that happen... Must be a pilot error or some kind of rebel soldier surely.

They've carried out attacks into Russia (both Crimea and Russia proper) at various times, granted they've previously been a bit closer to the border but still.

The slight worry is why this attack now and why against those TU-22M planes...

On one hand - new drones, because they can, because those aircraft have been involved in conventional attacks recently etc..

On the other hand, well if the US/UK etc.. were to get intelligence re: plans to say use a tactical nuke perhaps fired from a cruise missile from a bomber then it might be prudent to try and attack the facility/aircraft due to use one thus the slightly unusual missing further into Russian territory.

I hope it's just the former, the Ukrainians have developed better capability to hit further into Russia.

Caporegime
They've carried out attacks into Russia (both Crimea and Russia proper) at various times, granted they've previously been a bit closer to the border but still.

The slight worry is why this attack now and why against those TU-22M planes...

On one hand - new drones, because they can, because those aircraft have been involved in conventional attacks recently etc..

On the other hand, well if the US/UK etc.. were to get intelligence re: plans to say use a tactical nuke perhaps fired from a cruise missile from a bomber then it might be prudent to try and attack the facility/aircraft due to use one thus the slightly unusual missing further into Russian territory.

I hope it's just the former, the Ukrainians have developed better capability to hit further into Russia.
Well i'm sure there are many reasons, but one of them has to be 'Your bombers aren't safe anymore'.

Associate
I could be getting my maths very wrong... never been my strong point, but am I right in thinking you'd require 867 tablets to get the recommended doseage (130mg every 24hr) to protect against radioactive Iodine?

Yes, you are right. Those tablets only contain 150 micrograms each not milligrams and an adult would need 130 milligrams a day according to the CDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom