Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common situation? War? :confused:

Earthquakes can be accounted for, as they are in all buildings, human error not an issue, I work in a regulated industry where a single point of failure is never allowed, so assume an even more regulated industry would also treat critical points of failure the same.
Failures still occur though Fukushima's plants blew up because they couldn't get cooling water because of the tsunami theres always some point of failure that gets overlooked
It always amuses me a bit that people bring up the failure of Fukushima, something that could have been largely prevented if the entire country wasn't wrecked, by "simply" getting in some generators to maintain the cooling as it was still operating safely in it's emergency shut down mode until the batteries for the cooling failed and the on site generators failed to kick in because they'd been flooded.

Meanwhile in Japan loads of "safer" energy related facilities had gone up and instantly killed people/caused lots of environmental damage, things like oil refineries and storage plants, chemical processing plants etc all failed in the initial earthquake that the "dangerous and scary" nuclear reactor survived.
They don't however render the surrounding areas unsafe for human visitation for centuries afterwards though
If you want cheap energy go Gas, I don't recall anyone of any authority say nuclear is cheap. The benefits of nuclear is once the reactor is fueled you don't need to worry about getting regular supplies like you do with gas and coal, it's works constantly and it's not directly effected by weather and the electricity it generates is clean.
I love how nuclear supporters completely ignore the waste which is dangerous for a very, very long time its carbon free certainly but claiming its clean is misleading at best.

Failures still occur though Fukushima's plants blew up because they couldn't get cooling water because of the tsunami theres always some point of failure that gets overlooked

They don't however render the surrounding areas unsafe for human visitation for centuries afterwards though

I love how nuclear supporters completely ignore the waste which is dangerous for a very, very long time its carbon free certainly but claiming its clean is misleading at best.

Neither do most nuclear incidents.

I would also point you to all the chemical sites that even without major accidents are deemed too hazardous for humans to live on without massive clean-ups, let alone some of the places where there have been accidents that have required clean-ups of topsoil similar to what happened around Fukushima but on a smaller scale.
IIRC even "just" something like a petrol station can require topsoil removal before you're allowed to build housing on it.

Dunno what the point of that was but US just did a B-52H flight highly visible over Romania opposite to Sevastopol - they now and again exercise them in the region but not personally seen them use them like that before.

He did, I double checked and found multiple reliable media sources reporting on it.
It does not come up on his Telegram channel though. He even published request for information from Daily Telegraph. His mother won a court case against the EU sanctions. Can it be pulled out from some article and it is not necessarily his quote?

All them human rights for the real humans...

Also, it is funny how he denied anything to do with it(****** group, sorry, wagner) prior to this invasion of Rashka into Ukraine.

Last edited:
Why does it have a terminal text scattered into it. At least make it look real.
My guess would be that they arnt trying to actually fool people into physically taking action to finding shelter and such. More to scare the russian public, to discredit and show that the authorities dont have control over their own national broadcasting and alerting system, to generally erode trust in said system. Just generally to create a nuisance.

We don't ignore it. But nuclear power generates a very small amount of waste, and unlike carbon it is vey easy to store safely for as long as you need. No only that, but it has the potential to be reused.

Open your apartment window and see this wow

Well ****... Both amusing and saddening.
I can imagine hearing that opening my window and seeing that. Nope not today, back to bed!:eek:
The memories... The amount of times I deployed the Mk1 ballistic protection dossbag whilst the IDF alarm was sounding! If its my time... Its my time! :cry:

But Greta would be without a job if we close all coal power stations.
We pretty much have. 2 units at West Burton, 2 Units at Drax and 4 units at Radcliffe are all that are left.

In the last 10 years 3 Tilbury 2 Kingsnorth, 2 Cockenzie, 4 Ferry Bridge, 4 Drax, 4 Cottam, 4 Didcot A, 4 Eggbrough, 4 Deeside, 4 Rugely coal units have closed. Probably some others too.

In addition every Magnox has closed in the last 10 years and several AGR's.

Nothing surprising at all. Putin said over 6 months ago words to the effect that the reason why Ukraine had put up such a strong defence was because they were Slavs and had true Russian blood flowing through their veins.

Much like the Daily Mail, tomorrow ruskies will make a contradictory claim such as, Ukrainians are less than animals and need to be eradicated entirely.

Moscow Times reports late payment of salaries for state employees is surging in Russia. It's not just front line conscripts not getting paid anymore, it's now teachers back home as well

Last edited:
There has been a couple of videos where the main presenter starts talking sense. The other video I can remember is when he was talking about having to wear the military style top for the tv show. It seems these 'truth' videos are short lived and perhaps in the next broadcast he will have another mysterious bruise on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom