Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
People discussing escalation, NATO supplying weapons etc would find this weeks perun well worth the tme spent there instead of this thread :) at least until they've listened to it

Though well reasoned I think it leans too much on Western thinking and maybe misses some of the way the Russian regime might view things.

I watched a video yesterday on the T-14, from a tank channel, and you would think based on everything they showed, the Russians would be dominating with just the T-72s alone.

Funny how things like maintenance and training really come into play when it matters.

Friends pushing a story about some Ukraine soldiers having nazi symbols. Their friends see this as justification for not helping Ukraine.

I can find a nazi in the US as well, doesn't mean the US is nazi based. Just so dumb. Eastern Europe (and even the UK) still has a neo-nazi problem, (my wife even experienced it in Ukraine 20+ years ago...i.e. the equivalent of the UK skinheads from the 70s/80s.

So frustrating how easily people are lead along with things like this. Looking for a problem to justify their bias. Russia has hell of a lot of neo nazi types as well, which is where a lot of the propaganda about Ukraine originated (and was photoshopped). Doesn't make Russia 'nazi' either. (There recent foray into the Z symbol and facist moves are what take them closer instead).

Last edited:
Hard to verify the videos, but there seems to be videos coming out of this failed attack by the Ukraine. Seems a lot of vehicles been blown up by planes seems abit risky attacking if Russia got air coverage.

Hard to verify the videos, but there seems to be videos coming out of this failed attack by the Ukraine. Seems a lot of vehicles been blown up by planes seems abit risky attacking if Russia got air coverage.
Apparently Russia are recycling old videos to try and claim offensive was a failure.

A smaller assault yesterday in the south was repelled though in one area with UKR losing a single tank, and ten smaller vehicles though. (If the UKR channel I watch has that right).

Apparently Russia are recycling old videos to try and claim offensive was a failure.

A smaller assault yesterday in the south was repelled though in one area with UKR losing a single tank, and ten smaller vehicles though. (If the UKR channel I watch has that right).
I would not trust anything that either side say for a little while.

I would not trust anything that either side say for a little while.

Yup. Waiting for multiple channels to show gains and wait a few days etc. Still seems like UKR is just probing at present with relatively small actions.

AFU sure aren't magicians. There are gonna be missteps and loses when/if they do a big push. It's inevitable.

Last edited:
Unless Putin is assassinated and a rapid deconflict process takes place, I'm still not convinced we won't see the use of tactical nukes or worse.
Its not going to end with nukes, they are never going to be used.

Putin doesn't have the authority to launch nukes alone, if he did he would already have done it

There are 10 layers to get through for nukes to be used by Russia, Putin is only one of them.

Its not going to end with nukes, they are never going to be used.

Putin doesn't have the authority to launch nukes alone, if he did he would already have done it

There are 10 layers to get through for nukes to be used by Russia, Putin is only one of them.

The use of a tactical nuke would destabilise Russia's borders as each of the border country forces would acquire (or smuggle in) tactical nukes purely to have a response should one be used on their border. The use would simply escalate every Russian border. Not to mention a large noise within the BRACS and probably end the Chino-Russian partnership.

The tactical nuke option tends to focus on the use within the foreign country. As soon as that occurs, that foreign country would most likely use a tactical nuke somewhere in russia and the escalation would continue.

Now if Russia tactically nukes it's own city in the existing Russian borders that has been invaded, that may be about the only option.

The use of a tactical nuke would destabilise Russia's borders as each of the border country forces would acquire (or smuggle in) tactical nukes purely to have a response should one be used on their border. The use would simply escalate every Russian border. Not to mention a large noise within the BRACS and probably end the Chino-Russian partnership.

The tactical nuke option tends to focus on the use within the foreign country. As soon as that occurs, that foreign country would most likely use a tactical nuke somewhere in russia and the escalation would continue.

Now if Russia tactically nukes it's own city in the existing Russian borders that has been invaded, that may be about the only option.

It's Russia. Normal sanity does not apply.

The US are taking something seriously enough to have a very careful approach to Russia and supplying arms to Ukraine, so they probably consider escalation a very real threat.

If they didn't they would have been stomping Russia already.

It's Russia. Normal sanity does not apply.

The US are taking something seriously enough to have a very careful approach to Russia and supplying arms to Ukraine, so they probably consider escalation a very real threat.

If they didn't they would have been stomping Russia already.

Agreed but if it was Russia doing the tactical, it has an effect on all the borders that to prevent russia requires extreme force and a demonstration to ensure russia understands that.

I think Russia's more obvious approach is to throw people at the problem - it seems more acceptable to grind entire generations to death on the battlefield.

Agreed but if it was Russia doing the tactical, it has an effect on all the borders that to prevent russia requires extreme force and a demonstration to ensure russia understands that.

I think Russia's more obvious approach is to throw people at the problem - it seems more acceptable to grind entire generations to death on the battlefield.

I'm not sure I follow your first paragraph. If by "demonstration", you mean a nuclear strike on Russia, we're all dead.

The second is pretty likely.

The only way for Russia to win this war is for the west to stop caring. The more the west provide advanced weapons the more Russia are likely to lose strategically. Putin backed himself and Russia into a corner and the only way they can win is to grind the west into giving up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom