Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really have got some front. Germany/Angela Merkle's whole plan for buying gas from Russia was if they made Russia a trading partner it would stop Putin being aggressive and invading sovereign countries. A policy you criticised Germany for. Now you take the opposite view point.

And you've made the claim in the past that areas of Ukraine are ethnically Russia as a justification for Russia getting to keep those areas in some forced peace treaty. Now you don't seen to be mentioning that.

It was a solid idea to build economic bridges, the problem is that they went from buying 10% Russian oil to 50%, which was obviously not a good move.

Never said ethnically, not sure what that even means as it's quite obvious people will have moved between Ukraine and Russia for thousands of years, they were mostly Russian speakers in East Ukraine and Crimea however.

Thats interesting since from what I have read it is recognised as the best desert tank going.
I am not sure which European nation in that regard would see the Merkava as the best solution.
I suppose if it was to swap out some previous generation (eg Leopards) then Spain / France would he high on that list as potential countries.

It's designed more for rugged terrain ie the Golan heights, very rocky.

Also has far better roof top protection than other western mbts due to the IDF tanks having to do lots of close in work inside towns etc.

Wonder if they will have it kitted out with trophy as well.

Last edited:
It's designed more for rugged terrain ie the Golan heights, very rocky.

Also has far better roof top protection than other western mbts due to the IDF tanks having to do lots of close in work inside towns etc.

Wonder if they will have it kitted out with trophy as well.

They said European country… maybe it’s Russia :cry:

At least 2x Ilyushin Il-96-300PU and a Tupolev Tu-214PU inbound to St Petersburg as well as other Russian presidential fleet aircraft - don't think I've seen that many aircraft of that type (airborne command post) in the air at once before. I'm guessing for the "plenary session of the 26th St Petersburg International Economic Forum" guessing Putin is getting a bit paranoid.

In other news Russians are claiming a large scale Ukrainian assault across the Dnipro river - not much information so far.

EDIT: Tweet has been deleted.

Last edited:
Ton of USAF Stratotankers left Mildenhall and headed south west towards Cornwall direction - not sure what that is about - not seen anything suggesting B-52s up but that is more generally what they are supporting on those kind of manoeuvrers.

I see the nato secretary general is floating some interesting ideas for getting Ukraine into nato.

None of which I think will happen though

The first thing is to do away with the mandatory action plan and give Ukraine a fast tracked invitation like Finland and Sweden. Biden says he likes this idea, Indont think everyone will though

The second idea from the general will be much more controversial - currently it would be impossible to admit Ukraine because they are at war, so the idea he had was to change article 5 in a way so that countries in conflict could still be admitted without bringing nato into the conflict. This would be unpopular for various reason but I guess one of the main ones is that it would weaken article 5 and therefore weaken the protections afforded to smaller members. For example you may need to change article 5 to say that nato can only go to war if all members agree, so even if one member is attacked that member can't force nato to go to war under article 5, all members could vote to do something or do nothing - this would make the bigger members in a future event not want to help smaller members unless it benefits them

But with such changes, in theory Ukraine could join and other NATO members would not be at war with Russia. What might happen though is that Ukraine agrees to a line in the sand with NATO and if Russia crosses the line then they could vote on article 5 to do something or not, NATO might also choose to station its own troops within the conflict free part of Ukraine on the nato side of this line, while ukraine and Russia fights on the other side. Again I really don't see members agreeing to this

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure one was rerouted to Olenya, I'm guessing the other was as well but past time they were taken out.

Last edited:
Cv90 are already in Ukraine

That's one big benefit Ukraine would bring to NATO, a large well equiped and very experienced army

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom