Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A reason to use nukes on whom? He's not going to use them on his own land. He also wouldn't get away with using them against Ukraine when it's clear it's not a Ukrainian invasion.
I wouldnt be so certain... If Putin gets desperate enough I wouldnt put anything past him. He'd have nothing to lose and wouldnt have to worry about international response. I'd suggest he's more likely to use it this instance than in an attack on Ukraine.

Associate
Interesting dynamic for Putin whichever way this plays put. He could save face by pinning Wgner and Prighozin as the Nazi face and backer of Ukraine situation back home assuming he comes out on top and use that as a way to withdraw fro. Ukraine himself. If Putin is deposed, whichever way, Russia will leave Ukraine in any case.

Soldato
I thought they were looking at using the seized funds of Russias wealthy individuals to help pay for the rebuild of Ukraine.

What happened to Abramovich's funds from the Chelsea sale for example. That would go a nice way to paying for a city rebuild in Ukraine. (A bit of googling suggests the funds from the sale are frozen in a UK bank account).
I forgot about that. is that legal? I mean it is one thing temporarily freezing assets in our country you believe may be used to finance the enemy. but spending private citizens money when they have not committed a (provable) crime......... it would be a big move I reckon.

Soldato
A very possible outcome of this is that Wagner is crushed and it's as you were by Monday.

I can't see them being "crushed".

It'll end in either of two ways:

1) Russia's army (lower ranks) will fall behind the Wagner group and they storm Moscow and take/kill Putin.

2) Russia's army engaged in a bloody battle - with potential losses in the tens of thousands, possibly even requires the full withdrawal of soldiers in Ukraine to help defend.

On point 1) i don't think anyone knows what Prigozhin's view is on the Ukrainian war, but there will likely be more important things to deal with at home. On point 2) Russia will be severely weakened from defending the attack, and are unlikely to be in a position to resume the war.

Soldato
Even if Putin is able to swiftly crush Wagner, this is still a huge blow to Putin's credibility. All the sharks circling, waiting for him to die, will wonder whether if they don't act swiftly someone else will beat them to the punch. Meanwhile, Russia's military capabilities in Ukraine will be substantially weakened by the loss of Wagner, and they'll have less ability to shuffle the huge losses that they're taking into a hidden column.

Reports seem to indicate it was hit by a Russian Jet. Perhaps to deny fuel supplies to Wagner.

Regardless of what attacked the facility, what's wild to me is if Russian forces are now actively attacking infrastructure of Russian cities to try and wear the Wagner's down, that means they are preparing for a long conflict

Last edited:
Soldato
Reportedly a big explosion has occurred at the Russian military headquarters in Rostov. The building Prigozhin was inside earlier today. The Russians are actively bombing targets now and don't care about civilians, many civil can be seeing running in panick and explosions ring out

Soldato
I wonder if all the times Wagner dude has been complaining about ammo these last few months he’s just been hoarding it for this coup?

And maybe at the same time providing Ukraine with Intel regarding russias ammo dumps

Soldato
They get what they deserve to be honest. No sympathy for Russia or it's people at all.

What the Ukrainians have been experiencing over the last few years is now on Russia's doorstep.
But I'd imagine 95% of Russians don't care about the war (there are YouTube videos on this) and it's dictated by 5% in Moscow and any dissent results in you being "disappeared". Nothing I said detracts from my sympathy for Ukrainians.

Soldato
But I'd imagine 95% of Russians don't care about the war (there are YouTube videos on this) and it's dictated by 5% in Moscow and any dissent results in you being "disappeared". Nothing I said detracts from my sympathy for Ukrainians.
Agree but they've got no other choice than to care when the war is bought to them.

Caporegime
Prigozhin is no fool. He won't have started this unless he had solid information that a lot of the Russian military would fold or join him.
This could either move really fast with Putin removed forcibly by his own security, or could end up very bloody in Moscow.

If Putin is deposed by Prigozhin, I think the war in Ukraine will be over. The question then becomes, what happens next?
If Prigozhin takes over and doesn't immediately mobilise everyone then I think he'll go on a cleansing to rid himself of Putin's friends (they'll do it for him by fleeing mostly). Beyond that I guess it depends on how valid the arguments are for him being an actual nazi-worshipper.

Soldato
Leaders don't tend to survive these situations. He can't fight a war abroad and fight a civil war against him personally.

Once Wagner roll up to Moscow they will have collected a much bigger force. Moscow's defenders will just fold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom