Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that goes pop, everybody loses.

That's what makes it such a popcorn moment.

I have long said that Russia just might do something like this and use it as an excuse to get out of Ukraine. Putin needs an exit clause. Will he use this? And what if he does? There are rumours that NATO might use this as a reason to actually go in. What will happen if they do? It's all edge of the seat stuff.

As for radiation, it's seriously over-hyped. It's not as dangerous as everyone thinks. But sure will get the media hyped up.

This is better than any Bond movie!!

Last edited:
That's what makes it such a popcorn moment.

I have long said that Russia just might do something like this and use it as an excuse to get out of Ukraine. Putin needs an exit clause. Will he use this? And what if he does? There are rumours that NATO might use this as a reason to actually go in. What will happen if they do? It's all edge of the seat stuff.

As for radiation, it's seriously over-hyped. It's not as dangerous as everyone thinks. But sure will get the media hyped up.

Why isn't radiation that dangerous? Serious question.

Why isn't radiation that dangerous? Serious question.

There is a growing consensus in the scientific community that the USA's initial findings after Hiroshima and Nagasaki were incorrect. What they did was to plot a graph of how much damage was caused to a human if they were exposed to radiation, and then project that backwards to estimate deaths for lesser doses. The problem is that the human body seems to be resilient to lower doses, meaning that the fatality rate is much lower than they expected. In fact, in Chernobyl, only something like eight people died from exposure - except for the people who received massive doses from entering the building itself.
The predictions were much, much higher.
Mother Nature has thrived in the Chernobyl, showing far fewer adverse effects than expected.
Plus, the fact that blowing up a nuclear reactor isn't that dangerous. It will just spread fuel all over the place. Not nice, for sure, but there are far worse things.

There is a growing consensus in the scientific community that the USA's initial findings after Hiroshima and Nagasaki were incorrect. What they did was to plot a graph of how much damage was caused to a human if they were exposed to radiation, and then project that backwards to estimate deaths for lesser doses. The problem is that the human body seems to be resilient to lower doses, meaning that the fatality rate is much lower than they expected. In fact, in Chernobyl, only something like eight people died from exposure - except for the people who received massive doses from entering the building itself.
Mother Nature has thrived in the Chernobyl, showing far fewer adverse effects than expected.
Plus, the fact that blowing up a nuclear reactor isn't that dangerous. It will just spread fuel all over the place. Not nice, for sure, but there are far worse things.

I'm not sure those numbers are correct, with 6000 out of the 60,000 involved in the cleanup died. Reports of riased cancer, birth defects from people within the zone in the years after.

The deaths you've reported are only from the immediate days after.

Weren't cancer rates across Europe significantly higher after Chernobyl? I find only 8 deaths hard to believe.

Food and consumer goods giant Unilever set to suspend all imports and exports of products to Russia.
https://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine-crisis-companies-idCNL3N2VB3OZ

Let's check in on how that's going

Oh...

I'm not sure those numbers are correct, with 6000 out of the 60,000 involved in the cleanup died. Reports of riased cancer, birth defects from people within the zone in the years after.

The deaths you've reported are only from the immediate days after.
Tiny in comparison to the deleterious effects that huffing all this pollution has done.

There are no lies, and no one has to obey anyone, hell if you want to be pro Russian fine but at least have the balls to be straight about it, that's your choice I'm not stopping you. the only propaganda is that every couple of weeks there's another poster spouting the same Kremlin line about poor Russian soldiers, almost like clockwork.

so poor deflection 0.5/10

You're saying things that are obviously untrue, making obviously false accusations against people. Not just fabricating stuff but also going directly against what they actually said.

There are two possibilities:

i) You believe what you're saying, in which case you're delusional and hallucinating.
ii) You don't believe what you're saying, in which case you're lying.

It's one or the other.

What you're doing is demanding obedience to violent psychopathy (literally gaining pleasure from snuff videos, with the more suffering the more joy you get from watching it), with the force you're applying to compel obedience being false accusations. The only reason anyone doesn't have to obey you is that you don't have enough power or knowledge (e.g. you have no idea who I am, so you can't take much action against me) so your false accusations aren't harmful enough.

Last edited:
Let's check in on how that's going

Oh...

Yes, I was watching something the other day saying that many companies have dramatically increased sales in the countries bordering Russia, knowing full well that the goods are ending up in Russia.
I suppose it was too much to expect a black market not to form. They are literally traitors but in a sneaky way that means you can't shoot them!!

Great stuff, cluster bombs will do wonders on those russian trenches by scattering little bombs all over and inside the trenches

I thought cluster bombs were banned/ a very bad look? They have high rates of sticking around long after the war and end up killing a load of civilians etc? I remember we routinely chastised gaddafi and assad for using them?

Seems unfair on future Ukrainians that will live in fear of this.

Weren't cancer rates across Europe significantly higher after Chernobyl? I find only 8 deaths hard to believe.

The person you're replying to explicitly referred to 8 people who died from exposure and who didn't enter the reactor building. That's very different to all deaths in the whole of Europe.

The number of deaths undoubtably caused by Chernobyl is 30. The number of deaths maybe caused by Chernobyl is...some amount. The UN's estimate is about 4000. The problem is that you can't really tell for sure. If someone dies 30 years later from cancer, was that cancer caused by Chernobyl? If average death rates are higher in a region, is that due to Chernobyl or some other factor? There are many other factors affecting average death rates in an area.

I thought cluster bombs were banned/ a very bad look? They have high rates of sticking around long after the war and end up killing a load of civilians etc? I remember we routinely chastised gaddafi and assad for using them?

So is blowing up nurseries, schools, & old peoples homes but that hasn't stopped the Russians.

At the risk of going off topic, how do you work out such a low death rate? Do you not include the ongoing damage radiation does to life?

I'm just going off the reports I read about it, in which scientists who followed up on Chernobyl.

Of course, no radiation is good radiation, but they were saying that, very surprisingly, estimates were way off on how many people would die.

Only the clean-up crews, subjected to high doses, were in any real danger.

As I mentioned before, this largely came down to "estimates" drawn up by the USA after Hiroshima and Nagasaki. These estimates, for low doses, seem to be way off. The chances of developing a fatal cancer from a low dose seems to be far less than expected.

If you blow a reactor up, you just scatter fuel rods around. It's not that dangerous. It's only if the reactor has a meltdown, then it becomes seriously dangerous. And the only reason so many people received high doses, is because they didn't have the right gear and didn't have enough crew rotations. The West would not have done it the same way.

Mind, I am not saying everything would be fine. It wouldn't. Just it wouldn't be as catastrophic as the media would claim.

Shame is that we used to make some great cluster bombs. If you can call any weapon, "great".

Last edited:

They're banned in 111 countries. But not all countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom