Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they still have to provide competent, experienced soldiers to operate the kit. That I find comforting and a little less depressing.

This has been one of my worries from the start though - giving Russia time to grow into the war both in adapting industry and raising manpower - despite a few 100 thousand fleeing the country and a few 100 thousand expended in Ukraine they still have well into the millions of fit for military service.

I'm not surprised, though they've been slow in doing it, the signs pointed to them at least doubling the production of missiles and recent news suggests they are getting around sanctions for some microprocessors, etc. thanks to China and so on.

Apparently, sales to many of the neighbouring countries have doubled. You can guess where the goods are really ending up.

This has been one of my worries from the start though - giving Russia time to grow into the war both in adapting industry and raising manpower - despite a few 100 thousand fleeing the country and a few 100 thousand expended in Ukraine they still have well into the millions of fit for military service.

Absolutely. That have three times the manpower and significantly more resources. Given time, there is no doubt Russia would win. It's all about denying them time or costing them so much they get rid of Putin.

Apparently, sales to many of the neighbouring countries have doubled. You can guess where the goods are really ending up.

Indeed - someone was saying there is a constant flow of light trucks, etc. from neighbouring countries in the Caucasus region shipping electronics in.

It's world of tanks in real life

IS-3
The funniest thing is, while they're joking about it, there was actually a real IS-3 tank involved (sort of) in this war back before Russia officially got involved the "seperatists" captured a WW2 monument and "liberated" the IS-3 on it, and drove it off to use carrying stuff. I believe the Ukranian's later recaptured it from them.

* EDIT *

Found the Vid:

Last edited:
China just constantly taking L's on it's preparation for conflict with Taiwan
IMO China's whole objection to Russia using nukes in this war has never had anything to do with it being the right position to take, they just know that if that mushroom cloud box is ever reopened then the likes of Taiwan, Japan and S Korea would very quickly build their own nuclear deterrent and that would be bad for China's interests.

Last edited:
China just constantly taking L's on it's preparation for conflict with Taiwan, they probably cried when these wunderwaffen weren't that great.

It could a political thing, where they think they will look bad if they inspect the evidence that their military ally is failing. It's also entirely possible they are in denial because their own tech is similar -China has many times just copied and tweaked russian designs for its weapons and armour so if the Russian system is getting shot down the Chinese missiles based on the same tech may be just as vulnerable - for example China's much bragged about "hypersonic carrier killer" missiles and that's ignoring that US ships are now fitted out with anti air systems that are better than Patriot and have been demonstrated just this year to be able to intercept a target that's hypersonic in the terminal phase

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom