Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing about that though is areas are so huge a minor win can be a huge amount of territory.

I would still however take it with a pinch of salt.

Russia zerged and took a lot very shortly after invading, and since then it's been slowly peeled back.

They took a lot from the north around Kyiv as well as losing a lot of Kherson and Kharkhiv, so I can believe it, vast amounts of land have changed hands.

Trump's most recent reply when asked how he would "end the war in 24 hours" is a 3 step plan

1) call Zelensky, tell him he has 24 hours to come to an agreement with Putin that benefits both sides

2) call Putin, tell him he has 24 hours to come to an agreement with Zelensky

3) if no agreement is reached, promise to send Ukraine more than enough weapons to win the war
Hang on a second, so Ukraine have to negotiate, and Russia have to negotiate, and if they can't come to an agreement then Ukraine wins the war.

That's a plan I can get behind, go Donny! xD

Last edited:
What is there to be confused about?

Having questionable control over an area is for the purposes of a state's most basic function is not having control at all so I think it's rather reasonable to claim they've regained control over areas that Russia may not have had full control themselves over.

I didn't say confused.

I said dubious. If you look at the combat maps there has been very limited gains since this.
In fact in recent days Russia seems to be gaining ground.

I didn't say confused.

I said dubious. If you look at the combat maps there has been very limited gains since this.
In fact in recent days Russia seems to be gaining ground.

Did you check the notes? War mapper's data includes all territories since 2014, that's why the number doesn't match the White House. War mapper is showing what percentage Russia occupies including crimea and Donbas. The White House is talking about how much territory ukraine has taken back of the additional territory Russia has captured since February 2022, they exclude all territorial changes prior to February 2022

Before Feb22 Russia occupied 42k km2, then in 2022 they took a further 120k km2. White House says ukraine has taken back 50% of the 120k km2 = 60k km2. If you compare 60k km2 to the total land including from 2014 then ukraine has taken back 36%

Last edited:
Did you check the notes? War mapper's data includes all territories since 2014, that's why the number doesn't match the White House. War mapper is showing what percentage Russia occupies including crimea and Donbas. The White House is talking about how much territory ukraine has taken back of the additional territory Russia has captured since February 2022, they exclude all territorial changes prior to February 2022

Before Feb22 Russia occupied 42k km2, then in 2022 they took a further 120k km2. White House says ukraine has taken back 50% of the 120k km2 = 60k km2. If you compare 60k km2 to the total land including from 2014 then ukraine has taken back 36%

Yes I did, heres the data another way
Russia took about 19% since 22 invasion. Ukraine gained about 9% back.

I can definitely see the US looking at South Korea's comparatively extraordinary success versus their Chinese-backed counterpart and wanting to cynically emulate the disparity with Ukraine as proof that both China/Russia offer nothing but poverty.

Any information on what was hit? Looks to be some kind of office building?
If it was a target (by no means assured for a variety of reasons) then if the last targets were FSB agents homes then this could be a logical continuation of that. Since they have minimal options seemingly when targeting the top of the pyramid I would think they would only bother launching this sort of attack against really valuable assets like say Russia's foreign agitprop/disinfo agents which essentially indirectly helps the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom