Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is some detail from the NYT. It's worth pointing out though the source that's being quoted is a Kremlin spokesman but it does line up with what Zelensky said the other day the pace of operations was going to increase.

Thumbs up to the first person who spots the edit I made in the above quote.

One of the youtube war update people noted the NYT article but also mentioned some Ukrainian sources who denied it. Basically saying that they are using the same numbers they have been using, but that the the long-term effects are starting to take a toll on Russian troops, so the pace is picking up, but not because Ukraine have gone "all-in".

They really need an answer for the KA-52m helicopter. It's causing massive problems, is there anything we are currently providing that is appropriate? or do the west (according to Roar) need to escalate more.

Last edited:
Below is some detail from the NYT. It's worth pointing out though the source that's being quoted is a Kremlin spokesman but it does line up with what Zelensky said the other day the pace of operations was going to increase.

Thumbs up to the first person who spots the edit I made in the above quote.
Gremlin

They really need an answer for the KA-52m helicopter. It's causing massive problems, is there anything we are currently providing that is appropriate? or do the west (according to Roar) need to escalate more.
It's typically used at very low ltitude so even longer range AA like the Buk and S300 aren't really effective. The British Stormer HVM has taken one down recently. F16s would be a big threat but vulnerable to Russian long range AA.

Last edited:

The Ukrainians do have brimstone and starstreak, plus the American stinger that I know of.

The Ukrainians do have brimstone and starstreak, plus the American stinger that I know of.
Brimstone is anti-armour I thought? They don't seem to be using it apart from the one time they launched it from a truck (test fired?). There's some recent articles on developing a ground launch platform.

Last edited:

Couldn't make this **** up..

Apparently its a rule that you must shake hands before the bout and you can be black carded and expulsed. You would think in the current political climate certain traditions would be waved. The fact that the Russian competitor had the nerve to appeal really grinds my gears.

Surely that's an independent and not a Russian sportsperson..

Brimstone is anti-armour I thought? They don't seem to be using it apart from the one time they launched it from a truck (test fired?). There's some recent articles on developing a ground launch platform.
Interesting brimstone can easily bring a helicopter down but it's normally working intelligently unless it's been modified to detect choppers as valid targets too.

Given it's a counter rotation helicopter then anything that got a lot of fragments will do.. unbalance one blade and there's nothing to keep it balanced. It could even be large wire traces (hence I'm wondering if some the anti-tank missiles that are wire guided are of some use by entangling on a near miss..

Last edited:
They’ll probably agree because they know it wouldn’t go on for very long.

I am more and more wondering if Putin is going to have another go at trying to get Belarus into the war, utilising Wagner, with the intention of using them as part of an attempt to blockade Ukraine from Western supplies. Whether that happens with or without Lukashenko I dunno. It is a bit complicated to figure out, both Lukashenko recently made a point of saying how Wagner would be limited to central Belarus.

I am more and more wondering if Putin is going to have another go at trying to get Belarus into the war, utilising Wagner, with the intention of using them as part of an attempt to blockade Ukraine from Western supplies. Whether that happens with or without Lukashenko I dunno. It is a bit complicated to figure out, both Lukashenko recently made a point of saying how Wagner would be limited to central Belarus.
Other than a mild hindrance on the Northern border I dont see what Belarus could bring to the party.

Other than a mild hindrance on the Northern border I dont see what Belarus could bring to the party.
The Wagnar Belarus thing is odd...

I guess at a very simplistic level Putin keeps them as a fighting force, and after what happened with the mutiny, keeping them in Russia probably didn't sit well.

Also not easy terrain wise for an attacker - most of the major roads are long straight sections surrounded by soft ground (and probably mined to **** by now) and further into that part of Ukraine is quite hilly/wooded favouring defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom