Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wagnar Belarus thing is odd...

I guess at a very simplistic level Putin keeps them as a fighting force, and after what happened with the mutiny, keeping them in Russia probably didn't sit well.
It could be that Putin put them in Belarus to provide security to Lukashenko. His regime is precarious and the last thing Putin needs is any unrest in that country. Its also a way of him keeping an eye on Wagner from a safe distance. As you say its very odd but then again Russian politics is mostly premised on regime security and not border security.

It could be that Putin put them in Belarus to provide security to Lukashenko. His regime is precarious and the last thing Putin needs is any unrest in that country. Its also a way of him keeping an eye on Wagner from a safe distance. As you say its very odd but then again Russian politics is mostly premised on regime security and not border security.
Very good point to be honest. He keeps Wagner at arms length and it also provides him with a strong arm to control/manipulate Belarus.

two seperate videos today of Russian helicopters destroying themselves, both of them did the same mistake. The first is a Mi-26 trying to turn on a runway and the tail rotors smacked into a pole destroying the rear of the aircraft. The second was a Mi-8 trying to land in a field and started spinning just above ground and its main rotors also hit a power pole and the aircraft flipped over

The one that flipped over killed all on board

Last edited:
two seperate videos today of Russian helicopters destroying themselves, both of them did the same mistake. The first is a Mi-26 trying to turn on a runway and the tail rotors smacked into a pole destroying the rear of the aircraft. The second was a Mi-8 trying to land in a field and started spinning just above ground and its main rotors also hit a power pole and the aircraft flipped over
the Poles are definitely gearing up for a fight

Still not seen any combat footage of Challenger 2s in Ukraine though the units they are attached to have pushed up, but a new video out there of them training on them.

I am more and more wondering if Putin is going to have another go at trying to get Belarus into the war, utilising Wagner, with the intention of using them as part of an attempt to blockade Ukraine from Western supplies. Whether that happens with or without Lukashenko I dunno. It is a bit complicated to figure out, both Lukashenko recently made a point of saying how Wagner would be limited to central Belarus.
I still don’t get it. The level of propaganda levelled at Poland recently plus this latest article about Wagner signing to agree to go into Poland and Lithuania is bonkers. I just cannot believe they would be so stupid yet at the same time (referring to my previous post about this) think it’s inevitable they are going to spin this war in an insane new direction with nato (without it being full on nato v russia).

I still don’t get it. The level of propaganda levelled at Poland recently plus this latest article about Wagner signing to agree to go into Poland and Lithuania is bonkers. I just cannot believe they would be so stupid yet at the same time (referring to my previous post about this) think it’s inevitable they are going to spin this war in an insane new direction with nato (without it being full on nato v russia).

There is one potential angle - if Putin was to pursue an off-ramp one of the ways which works best for him is engineering a provocation with NATO which he can sell as "see we are fighting all of NATO and against NATO aggression" domestically, even if it means expending 1000s of Russian lives doing so. Then pulling back to defensive positions in Russia while maintaining a state of martial law and basically becoming something like North Korea but likely banking on relations normalising with many countries after awhile when things have cooled.

That said I don't see any sign of Putin/Russian regime looking for an off-ramp and I'd actually say something completely insane in terms of testing NATO resolve would be more likely. People talk a lot about Putin and bluster and is never ending "warnings" but historically he has eventually done the things he has warned he'd do, but only after he can portray it as if his arm was twisted into doing so.

Last edited:

Often the reason for propaganda is as stupid as you'd think it is. Often we try to think too critically about propaganda, we believe there must be some undiscovered 4d chess move waiting to be found, but no often it's the simplest answer that's the most realistic

Why is Wagner saying they want to attack Poland and the Baltics, why are the new recruits having to declare they want to fight nato? Why has Wagner put a training base just a few km from Poland's border?

The simple answer is it's not 4d chess, it's as simple as you think it is. They are trying to create and hype up an imaginary threat on the border of Poland because they are hoping that will make Poland and the Baltics allocate more resources to defending itself. Now why would they want that? If Wagner is going to attack Nato, why announce it? Again the stupid and simple answer is the right one - they are not going to attack Poland, they just want Poland to think they might so that more equipment is held within Poland and less equipment is sent to Ukraine

And now we boil down to the final answer. Everything Wagner is currently doing and saying is an order from the Kremlin in an attempt to divert equipment away from being given to Ukraine

Wagner will not attack Poland, they know what waits for them. Wagner in Syria came in contact with nato and US airforce bombed the **** out them, so Prigozhin knows if he attacks Poland all their bases in Belarus will be turned to ash within hours just like in Syria. Wagner is just trying to pull a stunt to create an imaginary threat in the hope it results in less equipment given to Ukraine

Last edited:
Vid here posted over a week ago stating how effective the German Gepard is at countering Iranian-made Shahed-131 and Shahed-136 kamikaze drones, also been taking down some cruise missiles.

Not sure how accurate Wiki is, but is says: By 8 March 2023, 34 Gepards had been delivered, with an additional 3 still being prepared. On 13 May 2023, the German Defence Ministry announced an additional fifteen Gepards would be sent to Ukraine, bringing the total number pledged by Germany to 52. The German Defense Ministry stated in June that Germany planned to deliver 15 of the 18 remaining Gepards to Ukraine by the end of 2023, while an additional 30 would be provided "in cooperation with the United States". These 30 appear to be some of the Gepards the U.S. recently purchased from Jordan.

Last edited:
Videos have appeared showing ukraine vehicles driving past Russian's long lines of dragon's teeth and ditches, which represent their first main defensive line
People say those dragon's teeth are such a good defence but they must end somewhere? There would be a point where you could just go around the end of them.

Seems to be quite a concentration of Wagner building up in Belarus - though so far only light equipment has been spotted. They are obviously there for some purpose beyond anything like training but I couldn't be sure of what.
They're there because of the failed coup attempt, there is no build up, it where they were exiled too.

Where they go from there is where the guess work comes in.

I would assume the Poles will be waiting for them even though there is not really much chance that they would be stupid enough to try and attack Poland, despite Lukashenko's bluster trying to impress Putin.

I would also assume there is a huge barrage of arty waiting for them if they step back into Ukraine.

These are or were highly paid mercs, with convicts mixed in, whos paying them those big wages now? With them being drafted into the Russian army I would assume the wages would be basic pay. Will they even want to fight for that?

There is a good chance those mercs stay put and and sit this out, doubtful but they just might say no. There boss was Prigozhin, they may demand his release if they are to fight again.

To the suprise of absolutely no one. China is going to be the real problem in the coming years.
Problem is even though Biden would desperately want to sanction China he knows its not on the table as the economic impact would be devastating to every western country.

Whether we like it or not China make almost everything and with everything being so cheap compared to the cost from Western manufactures it would be financial suicide.

If he was brave enough to commit political suicide China too would be in serious trouble if we did sanction them, their factories would all but shup down within weeks.

People say those dragon's teeth are such a good defence but they must end somewhere? There would be a point where you could just go around the end of them.

My favourite video was that of a challenger just pushing them out the way :D

Vid here posted over a week ago stating how effective the German Gepard is at countering Iranian-made Shahed-131 and Shahed-136 kamikaze drones, also been taking down some cruise missiles.

Not sure how accurate Wiki is, but is says: By 8 March 2023, 34 Gepards had been delivered, with an additional 3 still being prepared. On 13 May 2023, the German Defence Ministry announced an additional fifteen Gepards would be sent to Ukraine, bringing the total number pledged by Germany to 52. The German Defense Ministry stated in June that Germany planned to deliver 15 of the 18 remaining Gepards to Ukraine by the end of 2023, while an additional 30 would be provided "in cooperation with the United States". These 30 appear to be some of the Gepards the U.S. recently purchased from Jordan.

They’ll more than make the money back by selling them after this demonstration.

First M1 Abrams arriving in Ukraine in September

They can only add to the success that Ukraine is having. Slow and steady, wear the Russians down and keep hitting their supply lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom