Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
Again unfortunately that's probably bird strikes.

Both engines at once suggest it's not a maintainance fault, and the pop pop pop type effect IIRC indicates something has happened to the compressor/turbine and the most common thing to do that especially to multiple engines at once is something entering the intakes from outside, and that is most commonly birdies.

Still not good for Russian aviation as that's likely two complete engines out of action as it likely requires a thorough inspection and overhaul with at the least some replacement parts - they may be able to fly it again without replacing some bits that might be routinely done (and required if going by the manufacturers book), but if they do they'll be flying with some now very suspect engines.

Russia is basically facing all the "normal" aviation issues, but few parts to get aircraft back up and running again, so whilst this probably wasn't a failure due to maintenance, it is going to be much harder to fix than it would normally be as under normal circumstance the operator would likely have a replacement pair of engines fitted within a few days, if not over night as they keep spares specifically for this situation.

Soldato
I was wondering if giving weapons to a country at war tactic as ever worked?

In WW2 the US was sending weapons to the UK and China to fight off the Nazis and Japanese respectively.

The supply country ends up getting involved directly.

Can anyone else think of a situation that worked (excluding civil wars)?

Soldato
I was wondering if giving weapons to a country at war tactic as ever worked?

In WW2 the US was sending weapons to the UK and China to fight off the Nazis and Japanese respectively.

The supply country ends up getting involved directly.

Can anyone else think of a situation that worked (excluding civil wars)?
Well there's the example of the USA/CIA giving weapons to the Mujahideen to fight off the Soviets and all the weapons we gave to Russia during WW2.

Soldato
Hearing Russia have started the new winter offensive early - in mud season.

Russia will eventually win. They are a bigger country, with far greater resources. It's only a matter of time.

The only way to avoid it is to get rid of Putin or continue to support Ukraine, and at the moment I can't see either of those things happening.

Certainly, I don't look forward to a future in which Russian has been allowed to win, but what can you do? The West's political system seems to be in total chaos at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Russia will eventually win. They are a bigger country, with far greater resources. It's only a matter of time.

The only way to avoid it is to get rid of Putin or continue to support Ukraine, and at the moment I can't see either of those things happening.

Certainly, I don't look forward to a future in which Russian has been allowed to win, but what can you do? The West's political system seems to be in total chaos at the moment.

oh bless you. No they wont win. In fact when was the last war they won?

Soldato
Well his ascertains are laughable it should be noted that one of the main reasons Putin was emboldened to do this is that he has won every war he's taken part in, from his point of view he'd basically been in the zone for 20+ years.

Dagestan, Chechnya, Georgia, ISIS, Syria, and you could possibly include the 2014 Ukrainian annexations too.

The funny thing is that in every instance we saw glaring issues with the performance and capability of the Russian military while facing considerably weaker opponents, but I guess all he saw was reports of total domination from his yes men.

Soldato

What is important, is that Putin has no get-out here. He can not justify these losses with failure. Right now, he is waiting to see how long it takes America to pull out of supporting Ukraine. With the republicans playing stupid, and an election around the corner, there is every chance that Ukraine will lose two thirds of its support. Ukraine can not win by itself, it is critically dependent on support, and the West is getting bored.

Last edited:
Soldato

It will be interesting if the arab oil continue to benefit or it becomes just a change of master..

Soldato
Spellowhouse has a point, as much as I can't stomach the though of Putin wining, let's face it, if we don't pull our socks up he could claim more territory from Ukraine, because he will throw millions at this, people and money and the public back home will lap it up or can't voice disent so he's got free reign in this.

He will win the next election and no doubt more meat will be ' volunteering ' to fight for the motherland.

If Ukraine fail, this is 100% on the failures of the West to supply them and their paranoia about escalation.

If given the weapons needed they could win Russia....

Last edited:
Soldato
Spellowhouse has a point, as much as I can't stomach the though of Putin wining, let's face it, if we don't pull our socks up he could claim more territory from Ukraine, because he will throw millions at this, people and money and the public back home will lap it up or can't voice disent so he's got free reign in this.
The tragically comical thing is that the only party currently capable of challenging him think he's being too soft on Ukraine anyway :(

But there is also a wildcard factor to this that many have forgotten and that those who weren't following the topic since the beginning may have missed.

The USA's direct support for Ukraine, plus the knowledge that Ukraine could handle Russia by themselves if we continued to send them the tools is the only reason that the Polish military didn't directly back up Ukraine in 2022. In fact on a number of occasions when they were actively showing frustration with the USA's slowness to provide things like Abrams it served to light a fire under the USA (who absolutely didn't want a NATO member exchanging fire with Russia).

If the wests (or more precisely the USA's) resolve does falter, or worse if Trump is re-elected and cuts support then it will be super bad for Ukraine but it could be even worse for Europe, as I genuinely don't see Poland waiting until they share a border with Russia again before taking matters into their own hands.

Soldato
Americans really are stupid
The most brain numbing part of it is that they're like:

Republican: "Ooh, we sent them a hundred million dollars worth of stuff this month, that's taxpayers money we could have used to help Americans in need!!!"
Person with brain: "That value is what we paid for the equipment twenty years ago, plus inflation, it's old stuff that needed replacing and in the case of the missiles/bombs was about to expire and cost us millions to dispose of"
Republican: "So we're saving money by helping them?"
Person with brain: "Yes, and also it's reduced the Russian army's effectiveness by over 50%, militarily speaking it's our biggest victory since WW2, and it's the biggest PR victory for our arms industry in history"
Republican: "I see"
Person with brain: "But going back to the start, you want us to spend taxpayers money to help Americans in need?"
Republican: "No! That's communism!!!"

Last edited:
Caporegime
Musk repeated Tucker Carlson's lies about Gonzalo Lira, and got smacked down by Community Notes. Refusing to admit he was wrong, he is now falsely claiming that the system has been 'gamed by state actors.'

People are pointing out that if this was true, he's just admitted the system is vulnerable to exploitation by foreign governments. He's coping hard, but no sensible person is buying it.

Pathetic.

Soldato
This grift from the right republicans is pathetic, pandering to the crazy maga types to the point they are so far off the scale they are meeting with essentially the enemies of freedom to do things that are destroying the future stability of the west.

All the while they exclaim, they want to make America great abain.

We have the same ******** with out right wing party here with the tories.

These people are literal traitors…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom