Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm not sure if you're aware, probably not, but the bridge is actually civilian infrastructure - attacking civilian infrastructure is against the geneva convention. It's not a legitimate military target, which is why everytime they've done that Russia has responded in kind. Then people have complained Russia have attacked civilian infrastructure after 2 days earlier they were cheering about the bridge being hit, which primarily supports the 2 million civilian population who live in Crimea. Presumably some of which are basically also Ukrainians.

cough cough But it ok for russian to destroy whole citys & towns

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure that even the brits had a surrender plan if the German swines had taken over England?

There was a plan to fight for every corner of it, including people sequestered in hideaways in the ground with supplies whose mission was to do as much damage behind enemy lines as possible - including instructions to kill anyone civilian who might be aware of their whereabouts before the area was overrun...

Once again no clue, the Brits were preparing to fight tooth and nail in the streets, there was no surrender plan, it was victory or death

There’s some pretty cool hidden fortifications. Like the fortifications next to horse guards parade in London. There’s loads of these structures all over the UK. We were going to fight to the end.

I'm not disputing any of the responses, but I have long questioned whether Germany was serious about occupying the UK. Of course Hitler wanted us out of the war (and if he hadn't proved to be untrustworthy maybe a deal might have been done) but even if they could have pulled off Operation Sealion it would have cost them dearly and spread their forces even thinner. Successfully invading across the channel would be quite some feat with the Royal Navy there to stop you and Hitler's main strategic goals were to his east.

I'm not disputing any of the responses, but I have long questioned whether Germany was serious about occupying the UK. Of course Hitler wanted us out of the war (and if he hadn't proved to be untrustworthy maybe a deal might have been done) but even if they could have pulled off Operation Sealion it would have cost them dearly and spread their forces even thinner. Successfully invading across the channel would be quite some feat with the Royal Navy there to stop you and Hitler's main strategic goals were to his east.

My view was if the Brits had of butted out and stayed out he would have ignored us
But we didnt and he didnt
Given time he could have starved Britain into submission anyway

Man of Honour

That gets complicated - Germany lacked the air force to degrade British manufacturing sufficiently to enable an invasion and lacked the ability to take the fight to the British navy which would have been required to facilitate any crossing. It was calculated it would have taken them 4-5 years of gearing up European manufacturing and/or help from the USSR to make an invasion a reality. They did engage in attempts to soften up the UK for an invasion however. If things had gone a bit differently the situation could have been more favourable for them (OK that goes without saying in some ways), and if Britain had come to some agreement which meant leaving Germany alone to do their thing would eventually have been in a position to isolate and maybe invade the UK, especially if in the longer term they settled with the USSR and worked together against us. Though a more likely outcome in the longer run would have been war between the new Germany and the USSR.

For Hitler invading the UK was far down the list of priorities.

Last edited:
Soldato

Pentagon says it's something in space

Probably the Russians have put satellites with lasers or something into space so they can atttack American satellites. Maybe they've already tested it and attacked a Space X starlink satellite

Alternatively we also know the Russians and Chinese have been putting satellites in space that follow American military satellites and maybe they got too close and smashed into an American satellite

Last edited:
Soldato
Pentagon says it's something in space

Probably the Russians have put satellites with lasers or something into space so they can atttack American satellites. Maybe they've already tested it and attacked a Space X starlink satellite

Alternatively we also know the Russians and Chinese have been putting satellites in space that follow American military satellites and maybe they got too close and smashed into an American satellite

OCUK mount up!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The fact he wants it made public means it’s either in relation to political figures or to something else that may be of interest to the public.

The word capability crops up a lot which tends to suggest it probably isn't political figures maybe.

Soldato
The word capability crops up a lot which tends to suggest it probably isn't political figures maybe.
It also mentions destabilising militaries. If there are nukes in space then tactical ones could be used in that way. However there is a treaty against that and Russia have signed up to it. Russia may be trying to find new ways of preventing their nukes being neutralised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom