Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
No doubt, but I assume negotiators are given a framework/criteria to work towards on paper, obviously Zelensky would ultimately sign it off. In principal though it would seem like what the Russians offered was at some point reasonable enough for the Ukrainian negotiators based on they had been instructed to achieve.

Not according to the video, which you've clearly not watched/read transcript for despite linking to it...

Suspended
Not according to the video, which you've clearly not watched/read transcript for despite linking to it...

What the hell video are you even talking about? It's not one I recently linked is it?

edit: I'm pretty sure you're referring to a video which I linked to last week because it was the source of a news article I'd previously linked to. I never claimed to have sat and watched it, I cited it as a reference for the news story. So no, I didn't sit and watch all of that particular news story, but I also didn't claim to have done.

You really got me there man? DOT DOT DOT

Last edited:
Soldato
Boss move. Hopefully they arrive sooner rather than later.
It's all good and well pledging this aid but so many nations are doing it with huge lead times. Leaving Ukraine suffering severe shortages in the immediate/short term.

I will always advocate for a nation keeping "war stock" of ammunition/equipment etc
However, something needs to change to free up ammunition(Artillery primarily) for immediate supply.

Soldato
Boss move. Hopefully they arrive sooner rather than later.
It's all good and well pledging this aid but so many nations are doing it with huge lead times. Leaving Ukraine suffering severe shortages in the immediate/short term.

I will always advocate for a nation keeping "war stock" of ammunition/equipment etc
However, something needs to change to free up ammunition(Artillery primarily) for immediate supply.

They need to be more coordinated. Delivering what Ukraine needs in a sustained way which brings about victory.

Not just panicking when ukrainian stocks run low and it’s the first country to blink who rummages around in their stock room.

It seems fairly clear that the side who gets the munitions logistics right will win this war. All hands to the pump.

People talk about the man power advantage, but Ukrainians need not die if they are sitting behind the words largest and most accurate artillery barrage.

Last edited:
Soldato
What the hell video are you even talking about? It's not one I recently linked is it?

edit: I'm pretty sure you're referring to a video which I linked to last week because it was the source of a news article I'd previously linked to. I never claimed to have sat and watched it, I cited it as a reference for the news story. So no, I didn't sit and watch all of that particular news story, but I also didn't claim to have done.

You cited a video as a source even though you didn't watch it?

Soldato
The Ukrainians *had* already agreed to terms supposedly. Either way, if it's not true, then Boris could simply tell us in his own words what happened. Tucker clearly isn't a mouth piece for the Kremlin if he's offering his platform out freely and openly yet is being asked for silly amounts of money.

I'd suggest you watch this excellent documentary, you might learn something!

Last edited:
Soldato

The Foreign Office said the latest sanctions would crack down on those supplying Russia's military with munitions such as rocket launch systems, missiles and explosives.
The sanctions also target key sources of Russian revenue, clamping down on metals, diamonds and the energy trade, in a move designed to cut off funding for President Putin's war efforts from every angle, officials said.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Maybe you should given you constantly refer incorrectly to information from it...

Soldato
Soldato
I think Roar needs to make sure Medvedev gets his memo that Russia doesn't want the rest of Ukraine.

I think we all know by now that Roar, from spending most of his time in his flat playing computer games and not thinking or reading about a subject, means he knows the thoughts and intentions of people better than the people who either work with the person, reports on the person, or who has the whole intelligence services at their fingertips before making assessments.

It goes something like :

Roar "Did he say it on video?"

No - "then it's not true"

Yes - "then he didn't mean it anyway"

Soldato
No one mentioned the word free, I think it's perfectly reasonable to be compensated for his time.

What Boris has to gain is getting to be interviewed by Tucker Carlson, giving him the opportunity to set the record straight; if he believes Tucker to be a mouth piece for the Kremlin then he should relish the chance to give an accurate set of events to Tucker, rather than deliberately pricing himself out of the interview, or indeed just trying to cash in on a war he could've helped avert.

No one outside the US gives a toss what Tucker says or who he interviews. Boris would love to be PM again as that is all that matters to him outside of money. Being interviewed by Tucker doesn't help him reach that, in fact it probably hurts it as Tucker is correctly seen here as a stooge for Putin.

I love the way you give Putin the benefit of the doubt and it should be down to others to refute his claims. You are a massive sucker for his propaganda. If I was advising Boris I'd tell him to not go near Tucker, he has nothing to gain. I'd also tell him to never enter politics again and to please try and find a moral compass that he clearly lacks.

Caporegime
Just for another look at it....

Isn't history littered with strong claims and over the top claims and exaggerations of strength? To say anything else would look weak on a world stage and to the russian population. The narrative must be adhered too or the whole thing falls apart?
But yes these are also Russians so maybe don't look at it from a sensible point of view. :p

They should have a "mock" negotiation to see if what they say now is the same as the last. If its complete surrender then walk out and back we go...nothing was lost.
If its anything else but that then you have an idea what's going on in their heads. Should use it as an advantage.

Im aware of putin said about 1 month ago.

Last edited:
Suspended
You cited a video as a source even though you didn't watch it?

It was the source of the news story.

I'll break it down.

I linked a news story discussing the Ukraine negotiations.

In the news story they linked as their source a video.

I had read the news story, which was even a pro-Ukraine website.

I linked the video since I was questioned on it, but I had infact only read the news article. I never claimed to have watched the video, just that it was the source of the article.

Is that clear?

Suspended
No one outside the US gives a toss what Tucker says or who he interviews.

False. He clearly has a massive global audience as evidenced by the number of people who have watched his interviews. Moving on.

Boris would love to be PM again as that is all that matters to him outside of money.

Okay? Irrelevant, but also just something you've just arbitrarily decided on the spot.

Being interviewed by Tucker doesn't help him reach that, in fact it probably hurts it as Tucker is correctly seen here as a stooge for Putin.

Does being interviewed by someone now mean you agree with their position on everything? How does being interviewed, or indeed interviewing someone hurt ones credibility? Is this something you personally believe? I'm not sure that's actually representative but I suppose cancel culture is now so ingrained in some people's psyche that they think it's completely normal. Anyway.

I love the way you give Putin the benefit of the doubt and it should be down to others to refute his claims.

I actually just listen to what he has to say and take what he says at face value. He's invaded Ukraine, he's stated reasons for that, I have no idea why he'd invade a country and then lie about the reasons for doing that. It doesn't change anything, he isn't trying to win over any friends given he's already fighting a proxy war against the West. Why bother lying?

You are a massive sucker for his propaganda.

Okay.

If I was advising Boris I'd tell him to not go near Tucker, he has nothing to gain.

Okay?

I'd also tell him to never enter politics again and to please try and find a moral compass that he clearly lacks.

I'm not sure why you personally believe you are a moral arbiter, maybe you could explain why you think you are?

Soldato
Just for another look at it....

Isn't history littered with strong claims and over the top claims and exaggerations of strength? To say anything else would look weak on a world stage and to the russian population. The narrative must be adhered too or the whole thing falls apart?
But yes these are also Russians so maybe don't look at it from a sensible point of view. :p

They should have a "mock" negotiation to see if what they say now is the same as the last. If its complete surrender then walk out and back we go...nothing was lost.
If its anything else but that then you have an idea what's going on in their heads. Should use it as an advantage.

Im aware of putin said about 1 month ago.

It’s impossible to negotiate with Russia in its current state. All you can be assured form any meeting is no agreement will be honoured, the Russians will lie and you’ll be murdered if Putin gets half a chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually just listen to what he has to say and take what he says at face value. He's invaded Ukraine, he's stated reasons for that, I have no idea why he'd invade a country and then lie about the reasons for doing that. It doesn't change anything, he isn't trying to win over any friends given he's already fighting a proxy war against the West. Why bother lying?

Priceless! :D

If that doesn't show you how gullible and naive Roar is, then nothing will.

Suspended
It’s impossible to negotiate with Russia in its current state. All you can assured form the meeting is no agreement will be honoured, the Russian will lie and you’ll be murdered if Putin gets half a chance.

Russia has adhered to probably hundreds of treaties they've previously signed. It doesn't mean that they've never told a lie, but to say nothing from a meeting will be honoured and there's no point negotiating with them on anything is hysterical nonsense. I bet there's still hundreds of international treaties they follow, they even adhered to the grain deal while it was in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom