Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Put into perspective

it's estimated so far Russia has fired +-150 missiles or bombs at Kiev. The US dropped 1300 missiles and bombs on Baghdad in the space of a few hours

Weirdly enough it almost seems like Putin is trying to limit the damage to Ukraine. Perhaps he's gone for the scare tactic to try and get the Ukrainian president to back down.

Soldato
No one is preventing anyone. There is a due process to follow.

Are you advocating, anyone with family in the UK and is Ukranian can come over right now if they want? How long does this last? How long are they allowed to stay for? Is this now a precedent for the future? Why was this not done in the past?

The great thing about processes is they can change. Then change again. Even change dynamically as needed..

Man of Honour
Urban warfare dangerous remember watching docs from Iraq war and USA pretty much flattened places they wouldnt risk going in at times sadly could get nasty.

Kyiv I believe was rebuilt post WW2 into the cold war era with the intention of slowing down any advancing army (Western in that case) - it is built to "soak up" those besieging it. It looks easy to get to the middle of it but it is a highway of death against an organised defender and much harder to actually control the city. And that stands up as much today as against the armies of 50 years ago.

Soldato
Poland seems to be doing fine without much due process.

I agree Poland should not be left to take that burden on alone. As with Syria there will need to be an organised and fair plan created to distribute refugees to sensible permanent locations. One criteria of which should be family.

The great thing about processes is they can change. Then change again. Even change dynamically as needed..

Actually laws and precedents are difficult to change once set. Much of UK law is about precedent and what was previously regarded and determined as fair and reasonable.

Soldato
Weirdly enough it almost seems like Putin is trying to limit the damage to Ukraine. Perhaps he's gone for the scare tactic to try and get the Ukrainian president to back down.

Or the system is attempting to look like it’s doing it’s masters bidding but knows it will be held responsible after the master has popped his clogs.

Soldato

They really are just sending their "junk" into battle, explains why they're not arsed about losses

Maybe it's not incompetence but wants to let the West think it is incompetence, perhaps Putin was speaking truth when he said he was prepared for everything the West would do to him & Russia and he wants to be disconnected from the global economy for more smoke & mirrors and he somehow has a plan to destroy the global economy when our guard is down and we're least expecting it when Russia look their weakest, he will strike and his master plan starts making sense.

To be honest I'd rather this than the idea he has lost his mind and is in charge of all those nuclear weapons and if it did happen, he deserves to rule the world for such genius

Soldato
******* hell. Truss isn't the nastiest in the Cabinet, but she's quite possibly the most nakedly ambitious.

(a nod of acknowledgement to Michael Gove, of course)

This is not the first time she’s been Instagramming with taxpayer paid photographer..

I suspect a Putin in the making..

Soldato
Is it just me, or do the Russian soldiers seem like the ones who are more tired and with lower morale? They have I guess traveled a considerable distance and have been away from friends/family doing their "exercise".

Caporegime
Is it just me, or do the Russian soldiers seem like the ones who are more tired and with lower morale? They have I guess traveled a considerable distance and have been away from friends/family doing their "exercise".

Rumours of low morale have been common for decades as well as coping with it through alcoholism, though I won't say it's a matter of fact. On top of hurting people that are essentially the same people as they are isn't going to help.

Soldato

They really are just sending their "junk" into battle, explains why they're not arsed about losses

Maybe it's not incompetence but wants to let the West think it is incompetence, perhaps Putin was speaking truth when he said he was prepared for everything the West would do to him & Russia and he wants to be disconnected from the global economy for more smoke & mirrors and he somehow has a plan to destroy the global economy when our guard is down and we're least expecting it when Russia look their weakest, he will strike and his master plan starts making sense.

To be honest I'd rather this than the idea he has lost his mind and is in charge of all those nuclear weapons and if it did happen, he deserves to rule the world for such genius

that's some serious 4d chess he is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom