Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yeah they have laser guided and GPSski guided bombs, you just don't hear about them much as they normally use cluster bombs which are cheaper and more effective.

I fear Russia is going back to the tactis they know well with these poor results, what they used in Syria. Flattent everything with artillery first before going in with groundtroops

Soldato
I fear Russia is going back to the tactis they know well with these poor results, what they used in Syria. Flattent everything with artillery first before going in with groundtroops
I'm watching RT because I like a laugh before bedtime. They are reporting (in a ticker) that Putin has told the Ukrainian army to stop using civilians as a human shield. So yes, that would appear to be what's coming.

Associate
It’s mind boggling. If they get air superiority, they can then precision bomb from high altitude using laser guided weapons. Surely they they must have these?

As with all info on this conflict, no idea if it's true or not but I read earlier that apparently Russia has already used a very significant portion of their ballistic missile stockpiles. And that it will take quite some time to replenish them.

Soldato
Bureaucracy should certainly take priority over humanitarianism.

£3,000 to enter if they're approved.

You mean like this, exactly as they want? In the same link.

If you need to travel to the UK urgently
If you need to travel to the UK urgently for compassionate reasons you should apply for a visa in the usual way and include clear compelling or compassionate reasons for your visit in your application. You should also tell staff at the VAC about these reasons during your appointment.

Soldato
Compassionate reasons is generally limited to needing to be with dying family members.

It seems like an avenue to plead unusual circumstances. Exactly like the solicitors are asking for. Or do they really want a Carte Blanche for any Ukranian who has family in the UK (anyone is likely to have family once lots of people start coming) to be just given a settlement visa? Why didn't all Syrians get this?

Soldato
It seems like an avenue to plead unusual circumstances. Exactly like the solicitors are asking for. Or do they really want a Carte Blanche for any Ukranian who has family in the UK (anyone is likely to have family once lots of people start coming) to be just given a settlement visa? Why didn't all Syrians get this?
Do we really want Ukrainians with family here to be prevented from entering?

We have refugees across Europe, and you're defending that policy?

Soldato
Do we really want Ukrainians with family here to be prevented from entering?

We have refugees across Europe, and you're defending that policy?

No one is preventing anyone. There is a due process to follow.

Are you advocating, anyone with family in the UK and is Ukranian can come over right now if they want? How long does this last? How long are they allowed to stay for? Is this now a precedent for the future? Why was this not done in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom