Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
How is willingly accepting violent subjugation and the likely pogroms that will occur as a result with anyone holding Ukrainian statehood sympathies what's 'best' for Ukraine?
Step 1: Ignore all the big picture facts
Step 2: Go into a rabbit hole of Russian propaganda
Step 3: Form opinion that surrender is the answer

Soldato
How is willingly accepting violent subjugation and the likely pogroms that will occur as a result with anyone holding Ukrainian statehood sympathies what's 'best' for Ukraine?

This is a clash between east and west.

Ukraine isn't going to win the fight. Because Russia can't afford to lose.

Step 1: Ignore all the big picture facts
Step 2: Go into a rabbit hole of Russian propaganda
Step 3: Form opinion that surrender is the answer

The big fact picture is that the Ukrainian people are being killed every day and it's not going to stop.

What is your solution? Fight until the last Ukrainian is dead?

I suggest you both watch the video I posted.

Soldato
When this is all over and the sanctions are lifted guess who still owns the club?

Unless the UK government pass a law that says they can sell the asset and seize the proceeds to do with as they wish, then it'll go back to Abramovich.

The point of sanctions is to freeze assets so that they can't do anything with them.

I do expect the UK government will face some legal challenges, so i hope they've got their ducks in a row legally, as you know the types of legal teams these oligarchs can afford.

Soldato
It's just desperation, they have got themselves into a very bad corner amd can't get out. If the economic sanctions continue then Russia is stuffed.
Putin and those in power have to bluff it out now, the alternative is humiliation, prison or worse. This will set Russia back decades.

Putin thought he could roll in like the crimea.

Caporegime

The big fact picture is that the Ukrainian people are being killed every day and it's not going to stop.

They're going to be killed through a thousand cuts anyway, might as well resist while they can as they won't have another opportunity.

Think it's important to note that Ukraine knows precisely what the other side of capitulation is having a living memory of Soviet oppression, but I get the argument that saving lives is more of a moral imperative than avoiding that oppression as these countries are hardly stable as a result so losing that resistance could prove to be more fatal in the end.

Last edited:
Associate
appears to be a lot of footage of Russian losses today. The clearer skies seem to have allowed the drones out and the Ukrainians had a lot of targets lined up.

russians have lost more tanks than most countries have. I know they are touted as have multiples more but I’d suggest it won’t be long before they can’t field working ones in meaningful numbers. With no air cover their ground troops have no chance of moving over such a huge country without being picked off or supplied.

Something is going to give in the next week. Just hope they don’t double down on stupid.

Soldato

Yeah great idea, give up are you French?

Soldato

Yeah we should have rolled over for Hitler after Dunkirk and during the Battle of Britain. After all it was an impossible situation and many were being killed. :rolleyes:

Soldato
appears to be a lot of footage of Russian losses today. The clearer skies seem to have allowed the drones out and the Ukrainians had a lot of targets lined up.

russians have lost more tanks than most countries have. I know they are touted as have multiples more but I’d suggest it won’t be long before they can’t field working ones in meaningful numbers. With no air cover their ground troops have no chance of moving over such a huge country without being picked off or supplied.

Something is going to give in the next week. Just hope they don’t double down on stupid.
Most of the drone footage seems commercial off the shelf stuff to literally record the carnage? The actual explosions are from NLAWs etc?

Associate
I was watching Triggernometry and Konstantin Kisin commentary on the situation in Ukraine last night.

I have to agree with him that the best for Ukraine and its people right now is to sign an agreement with Russia. Because the longer the fight goes on for the more heavier attacks Russia will do, killing more people.

NATO isn't going to get directly involved in Ukraine and we're not going to enforce a no-fly zone. So it's a war of attrition that Russia will eventually win.

To save Ukrainian lives I think it's in their interest to come to the table now. The Ukrainian fighters and people have fought harder than anyone else in the world to defend their land. Now they need to try and come out of revenge mode against Russia for the attrocities that have been committed. Understandably that will be difficult for many Ukrainians.

His points are well made; there is no shame in wanting to limit the amount of death and destruction.

At the end of the day it is up to the Ukrainians; but if they choose to continue to fight - we must provide much more capable AA systems to remove as many Russian advantages as possable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom