Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Even if Putin is going off the rails and thinks it is all going down the pan, surely he alone can't press the big red button.

Won't there be other's around, that would not allow that. Or are the majority of the same mindset

Man of Honour
Even if Putin is going off the rails and thinks it is all going down the pan, surely he alone can't press the big red button.

Won't there be other's around, that would not allow that. Or are the majority of the same mindset

I would not rely either way on the people in the loop or the systems involved - including potentially the whole system not even working if he did "press the button".

Caporegime
Saying the quiet part out loud under the cover of being or acting senile (during periods of lucidity) is variably useful in terms of making Putin even more paranoid.

Soldato

No, Putin doesn't have a "big red button" that sends actual launch commands directly to the hardware. We hope that the people who would actually have to carry out those orders are not just complete psychopaths and realise that it would be suicide for everyone they know and love too. But then we can already see that he does have plenty of people working for him willing to shell children's hospitals so...

Soldato
Sleepy Joe strikes again!
Having just spent the last few years watching my Father slowly fade away with dementia I can see more than a few similar traits in Biden. Whatever medication they're feeding him is definitely better than what my old man was on, but yeah it's scary as hell to think a guy with that much power is displaying the signs of a failing mind. People behind the scenes must know, and I'd like to think they have some form of contingency in place.

Soldato
Opening an Eastern front whilst still getting BTFO in the West? Yeah, that went swimmingly for the last madman in a bunker. :D

I'm sure there's more borders he can throw training exercises/special operations at. Perhaps Putin is practicing a Taiwan assault before the Chinese get there?

Soldato
Seems like it is very likely Russia are pulling back to Donbas. I hope this is treated with a lot of caution until certain.

I wouldn't be surprised, they'll likely put all their eggs in one basket in the East as they aren't making any progress elsewhere. If they can shore up the eastern regions then it gives them more leverage for any potential negotiations. Not that Ukraine would ever concede any territory imo.

Soldato
No, Putin doesn't have a "big red button" that sends actual launch commands directly to the hardware. We hope that the people who would actually have to carry out those orders are not just complete psychopaths and realise that it would be suicide for everyone they know and love too. But then we can already see that he does have plenty of people working for him willing to shell children's hospitals so...
For the people whose job it is to actually target and launch the ICBMs, the most important aspect of their job is to follow the order when issued. If the order is given we have to assume the (some, due to poor reliably) rockets will fly.

Soldato
https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...come-turkey-foreign-minister-says-2022-03-26/

Turkey playing both sides it seems, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't a NATO member lol

And people wonder why they weren't admitted to the EU...
Having just spent the last few years watching my Father slowly fade away with dementia I can see more than a few similar traits in Biden. Whatever medication they're feeding him is definitely better than what my old man was on, but yeah it's scary as hell to think a guy with that much power is displaying the signs of a failing mind. People behind the scenes must know, and I'd like to think they have some form of contingency in place.

Well yeah the plan was Kamala Harris was supposed to step in in some point and take over but thats gone down the toilet as they're barely talking to each other everyone thinks she's simply not up to the job and she's arrogant enough to think everyone should stand when she enters the room and berate them.

But anyway thats for another thread not this one. But Biden's increasing vagueness of mind is worrying and the alternatives don't bear thinking about

Last edited:
Soldato
Ukraine should be very cautious now, if Russia consolidates its forces in the Donbas region it might be foolhardy to take them on, it won't be the same ambush tactics as before, they won't have the long vulnerable supply lines and Ukrainians in their trenches will be vulnerable to chemical weapons.

Soldato
That is of course assuming Putin would actually have tried this if Trump was still in power. IMO if Trump had retained the presidency in 2020 then Putin would have had to postpone his invasion until 2024.

After all he took Crimea and part of Donetsk/Luhansk on Obama's watch then during Trump's reign he basically sat on his hands and did nothing except watch Ukraine build up it's defences, that would have been a much better time to strike however he was scared because one of Trump's first military acts was to humiliate Putin and the Russian military in Syria, after which he learnt not to "**** with crazy" again.

Or Russia was tied up in Syria at that time. It then had to build up its forces again, train its men for the job at hand (badly it seems) and was only finally ready to invade this year. But yeah you carry on believing Putin was scared of Trump :cry::cry:

What was this "humiliation" you speak of? The only thing humiliating was watching Trump kiss Putin's arse for 4 years. 4 weeks ago he was praising Putin being a genius and savvy as he invaded Ukraine.

Soldato

White House yet again having to correct what he's said, this man is the best America could offer for the job ??? :confused:

Sadly the choice was an old man who should be at home with his slippers on or a sociopathic narcist who envied autocrats and when he lost attempted to overthrow a legal election to stay in power. You're right America should do better but given a choice between the two its no choice at all. Give me the old man who mixes up his words now and again every time.

Soldato

Both my parents have dementia, I watched 2 grandparents succumb to it as as well. I don't see it in Biden. Yeah he reads off a teleprompter but someone with dementia wouldn't be able to do that, they would lose where they are, would wander off on tangents that had nothing to do with the subject at hand, they'd suddenly not know where they are or who they are talking to. He is an old man, he shouldn't be in the job at his age and he isn't as sharp as he was 20 years ago but I don't see dementia and I honestly believe if his cabinet believed he had dementia they would act or it would at least leak out.

Caporegime
Saying the quiet part out loud under the cover of being or acting senile (during periods of lucidity) is variably useful in terms of making Putin even more paranoid.

Yeah it’s another example of accidental usefulness. I guess Trump was accidentally useful because he was a bit of a maniac, Putin maybe wary of putting him under pressure as Trump and his ego could get a bit unpredictable at times.
I guess Biden being a bit senile has that accidentally useful quality too, was it a good or did the mask slip a bit.

Neither is really useful, you don’t really want a maniac or a senile bloke in charge but they do have those features.

Associate
Sadly the choice was an old man who should be at home with his slippers on or a sociopathic narcist who envied autocrats and when he lost attempted to overthrow a legal election to stay in power. You're right America should do better but given a choice between the two its no choice at all. Give me the old man who mixes up his words now and again every time.

I actually thought it was a good speach - listen to the words not the orator. Yes, he stumbled a couple of times and had to correct himself, but it was honest and from the heart and far better than anything his predecessor could have managed. A younger, sharper man/woman might have put the message across better but hopefully the words would have been the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom